Why become a member? ×

!!! SOLD !!! TUNE BEB-6, 36 inches scale, rare real Japanese from the Kobe factory, so made before 1995 ! Trades are welcome.
£999
Etalle, Belgium

Hellzero

Thinning down the herd, so selling my fretted basses as I don't use them...  :crazy:

FOR SALE OR TRADE :

TUNE BEB-6, 36 inches scale, rare real Japanese from the Kobe factory, so made before 1995 !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £999 GBP !!!

In fully working condition and real good condition for such a rare bass that has never been modified.

Here are the specifications :

Body : 2 pieces ash

Neck : 3 pieces (bolt-on) maple

Fingerboard : maple

Frets : 24 (perfect condition as they have been dressed)

Headstock : 3 + 3 shape

Pickups : Tune humbuckers

Preamp : Tune 2 bands twin preamp (yes 2 different preamps voiced differently)

Controls : volume (active/passive), blend, stacked bass and treble for the first preamp, stacked bass and treble for the second preamp, switch for selecting the preamps

Tuners : Gotoh/Tune GB7 (3 + 3) with reversed mounted strings (so tuning à la original Fender)

Bridge : Tune massive brass

Strings spacing at bridge : 18 mm

Nut : brass

Strings spacing at nut : 9.5 mm

Knobs : original metal

Scale : 36"

Hardware colour : natural aged gold B|

Finish : light gloss

Land of craftsmanship : Japan (Kobe)

Serial number : non-existent on early Tune basses

Weight : 4,6 kilos

Action : from 1,5 mm under the C string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th fret

Will come with a brand new soft case or a gig bag, up to you, or both of them.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

It has some marks, mainly above the neck pickup (thumb anchoring), at the rear and on the upper edge of the head. This bass is known to be the best 36 inches bass ever and you can trust this affirmation. With the two preamps, you can have a deep Motown sound and, simply by flicking a switch, engaging the second preamp for a tone à la Jaco. Certainly the most versatile bass you can find. Even Fodera owners consider this bass to have the best low B on the market. And its ergonomics is perfect.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has a new batteries, new output jack and has been fitted with a brand new set of DR Black Beauties BKB6-30 coated stainless steel wound strings (30 - 45 - 65 -85 -105 -125).

Link to the new Tune BEB series : http://www.cc.rim.or.jp/~tune/tune/beb/beb.html

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures taken under different lights to see the real condition : some few marks, due to the age, but nothing serious at all.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

Dust is offered. :biggrin:

Edited by Hellzero
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, asking more out of curiosity. I have the TWB-6 (see signature pic), so as much as I wouldn't mind this model, I'm not sure I could justify having both sixers. That said, if you fancy a USA Jazz or a couple of Westone Thunder II's...!?! ;)