Why become a member? ×

Fender Mustang, Pick Vs Fingers

Bill

For a bit of fun, thought it may interest some people doing these videos with a few of my basses, this is my 1978 Mustang bass that i picked up from Chicago Music Exchange last year, i really dig the pick on this thing, but the fingerstyle records beautifully and has a lot of thump!

• Like 12

20 hours ago, martthebass said:

Very nice, as a recent convert to Mustangs for gigging purposes I can really appreciate this.

Thanks man, i've had her for just under a year now and only used it for studio / jamming / practice stuff, yet to try out on a gig!

4 hours ago, Adee said:

Both sound superb, couldn't say which is better, I prefered the pick for the attack

Very nice playing !

Cheers Adee, yeah the pick definitely has more attack, i'm coming round to the pick thing a little more after completely neglecting it for 15 years! 🙂

10 hours ago, Bill said:

Cheers Adee, yeah the pick definitely has more attack, i'm coming round to the pick thing a little more after completely neglecting it for 15 years! 🙂

You seem to be getting the hand of it - nicely played.  Very Bobby Vega.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2019 at 11:13, Waddycall said:

Great playing but a bit of sustain is always nice when demonstrating tone! Both sound great. I’m trying to persuade myself I don’t need a mustang and this hasnt helped!

Will keep this in mind for the next vid :) 

14 hours ago, CameronJ said:

My stank face was strong when watching this!

Haha, glad you dug it Cameron, just a random jam in E! i was really feeling the Pick on this vid, but have found the fingers to suit other things when it comes to warmth and attack.

• 2 years later...
On 05/03/2019 at 23:11, Bill said:

For a bit of fun, thought it may interest some people doing these videos with a few of my basses, this is my 1978 Mustang bass that i picked up from Chicago Music Exchange last year, i really dig the pick on this thing, but the fingerstyle records beautifully and has a lot of thump!

Bass sounds amazing and you sound amazing!

• Like 1