Why become a member? ×

Should BCers declare commercial or similar interests?

Beedster

1 minute ago, Unknown_User said:

I'd like to declare on record that I'm happy to take any money to endorse anything.

*waits by messages inbox*

I'll give you half a Fray Bentos pie and a can of Cream Soda if you'd endorse cross stitch as a relaxing hobby..?

• Haha 1

Don’t think it’s been mentioned in the thread yet, but TB have a section of their profile setup where you declare any commercial affiliations, which then appear under your avatar. Nice little feature, but obviously works on trust that someone will use it when appropriate.

See how one of my posts looks below, I’ve highlighted the feature:

DEFE3E17-F911-42EF-BD6A-D33B1D0AC4ED.png.4f63b9458a817ea4ca8fba4b612d777c.png

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Quite a few forum members seem to be actively plugging bands - some of them are even members of these bands!

True, but I don't think any of them are telling you not to see other bands because they aren't very good...

;)

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

True, but I don't think any of them are telling you not to see other bands because they aren't very good...

;)

But... but... is this happening? (the other thing, not BC'ers in bands).. If so, where? We're onto page 3 and the mods still don't know 🙂

8 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

But... but... is this happening? (the other thing, not BC'ers in bands).. If so, where? We're onto page 3 and the mods still don't know 🙂

I have no idea, it was being posited but it would appear there's little evidence. I tend not to read too deeply into the more technical discussions so haven't witnessed it myself.

28 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Quite a few forum members seem to be actively plugging bands - some of them are even members of these bands!

Oh come on, are you seriously suggesting there are basschatters out there in bands making money??

Gerroutofit!

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Aah, but do the Transparent Mods know?

That is the question on absolutely no-one's lips! :ph34r:

:D