Why become a member? ×

Another couple of Dekos on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Deluxe-5-String-Thru-Neck-Electric-Bass-Guitar-With-Active-Pick-ups/283369501889?hash=item41fa2374c1:g:mj8AAOSwvtBcXByA

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Deluxe-5-String-Thru-Neck-Electric-Bass-Guitar-With-Active-Pick-ups/283377840412?hash=item41faa2b11c:g:3CAAAOSwi0FcYYg3

Annoyingly I missed out on the BZ-5000, these aren't even properly described so it looks like they're just being bought and flipped with copy paste descriptions. Stamped "D" clearly visible on the backs of these.

Yeah they got snapped up really quickly and were sold out when I clicked on the BZ5000, there's still a fretless 5 string version of the other bass on there but it's well overpriced compared to what they listed these ones at, been hanging around on there for ages.

7 hours ago, fleabag said:

I dont see any D stamped on them, but then agan i'm as blind as a fruitbat

Can see them on the topmost of the thicker neck laminates, just outside the heel scoop. Thar's where they usually are on dekos - on the body just before the neck.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I've been eyeing up the 4 string versions of these on Thomann for a while now. I'm really tempted. They look amazing for the price and the reviews are excellent. However, the listings above don't mention the Harley Benton (Thomann own brand) label but they're definitely the same instrument. So would someone care to enlighten me as to what a "Deko" is? 

2 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I've been eyeing up the 4 string versions of these on Thomann for a while now. I'm really tempted. They look amazing for the price and the reviews are excellent. However, the listings above don't mention the Harley Benton (Thomann own brand) label but they're definitely the same instrument. So would someone care to enlighten me as to what a "Deko" is? 

Deko is damaged or customer returned.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

So this guy is selling "decoration only" basses for almost the same price as the same basses new and under warranty direct from Thomann?

Seems like a bargain. 😕

Yes, yes he is

I've had words with this guy before. He was  describing them as 'German Engineered' and I took him to task. I pointed out he did not disclose they were decos anywhere and they were made in the Far East and it was disingenuous to imply otherwise. His reply was quite angry....!

I notice he says on the above ' Please note that all photographs form part of the description of the item.' 

Does that mean if I buy it and then  complain it is a deco he can say 'it's shown in the photo as a 'mark'?

42 minutes ago, alyctes said:

That would be barrmcgabarr, I suspect.  Avoid.

One of his negative feedbacks on a 4 string bass definitely sounds like one of the admittedly rare write off dekos:

Private  
Negative feedback rating Not as described. Needed new strings & a set up. Possibly needs a new neck too!

Seems like he isn't even checking them, just using stock photos and flipping them, naughty.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

One of his negative feedbacks on a 4 string bass definitely sounds like one of the admittedly rare write off dekos:

Private  
Negative feedback rating Not as described. Needed new strings & a set up. Possibly needs a new neck too!

Seems like he isn't even checking them, just using stock photos and flipping them, naughty.

I didn't get as far as his feedback; just the evident dekos, overpriced and dishonestly described.

More from barmcgabarr have just shown - looked at eBay's "Report an item" options but they have nothing that covers this kind of sharp practice... the "closest" option is "Fraudulent lIsting activities" but the following option is just "You suspect that a listing is fraudulent". Nothing else fits and I can see that just being ignored. The people who do this are complete tossers.

• Like 1