Why become a member? ×

Bi-amping/dual amping

PUREJOYPEOPLE

22 hours ago, Painy said:

Just plugged this in at home for the first time this evening. 

Ashdown ABM500 through a pair of Aguilar DB112 cabs for the lows and a Laney Vc100 all valve head through a Laney IRT212 cab for the highs. 

You might be surprised to hear that it's quite loud. 😐

IMG_20190310_162228.jpg

Whoa! I'm shocked that it's load haha! Looks beast :)  I want to make it big just so I can go on tour with a huge bass/guit rig haha! That roadies would be hired to set up of course ;) 

• Haha 1

Running a dual amp rig through one cab at the moment: Ampeg B410hlf internally split into a sealed 2x10 with horn and a ported 2x10 at the bottom. Ampeg SVP PRO goes to the ‘low’ 2x10 and the other channel is driven by my B3n (after being split on my pedal board using a Behringer He’ll babe wah) into the 2nd channel of the Laney PA amp. 

Achieving dual amping with much less lifting!!

42D89B0C-20FB-4C30-8321-2DD2DCE00FEA.thumb.jpeg.535ccbe503150dcfbb79f676386a9cd1.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paul_5 said:

Running a dual amp rig through one cab at the moment: Ampeg B410hlf internally split into a sealed 2x10 with horn and a ported 2x10 at the bottom. Ampeg SVP PRO goes to the ‘low’ 2x10 and the other channel is driven by my B3n (after being split on my pedal board using a Behringer He’ll babe wah) into the 2nd channel of the Laney PA amp. 

Achieving dual amping with much less lifting!!

42D89B0C-20FB-4C30-8321-2DD2DCE00FEA.thumb.jpeg.535ccbe503150dcfbb79f676386a9cd1.jpeg

I bet it sounds awesome :) 

• 1 month later...
On 10/03/2019 at 19:17, Painy said:

Just plugged this in at home for the first time this evening. 

Ashdown ABM500 through a pair of Aguilar DB112 cabs for the lows and a Laney Vc100 all valve head through a Laney IRT212 cab for the highs. 

You might be surprised to hear that it's quite loud. 😐

IMG_20190310_162228.jpg

Thought I'd revive this thread with a very short clip of this rig in action. Terrible picture quality I'm afraid so I apologise for that but hopefully still worth a quick listen (through headphones) if anyone is interested. 

I tried bi-amping with a split signal and octave up and got a ton of noise from the 2nd amp until I got an amp switcher with an isolated output - worth bearing in mind if you ever hit the same problem!

Some good info on the subject here: https://www.radialeng.com/understanding-aby-switchers

307992-1543245875223.png?w=940&h=940&fit

Edited by dannybuoy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I sometimes use the following set up for big gigs when I need everything I can muster!

Markbass LM2 into a Schroeder 1210 (4ohm).

Another Markbass LM3 into an Aguilar GS410 (also 4ohm). 

Using any pedal with two outputs to split the signal (i think it was a chorus pedal switched off at the time). 

Sounds massive and very satisfying!

IMG_5774.PNG