Why become a member? ×

Advice needed. Small cab for a small boot

Skinnyman

24 minutes ago, Jack said:

You're not THAT far away from Gateshead, a man on a local Facebook group is selling two of the GSS cabinets, and they're absolutely top shelf. Both for £295. I can do introductions if you'd want.

Edit - Hah! I read the thread to make sure you hadn't bought anything yet, then posted, then saw that you in fact had bought something.

Hahaha!

Don't you hate it when that happens?!

Thanks anyway, Jack. Not heard much about GSS cabinets but they look interesting. Or would if, y'know.......

On 07/03/2019 at 05:14, Chris2112 said:

I had an MX-5 back in the day (a 1998 NB model). As I remember, the boot was only fit for hold crisp packets. It wasn't very good. I had a Jaguar XJ that was much the same, it has a massive boot that was very low and shallow (X308 shape). On the other hand, I had an MR2 Turbo that had an amazing boot, right behind the engine bay. It was deeper than it was wide and could have probably taken a couple of PJB items. 

In short, buy a car with a bigger boot for load lugging!

Those MR2s were amazing. We went on holiday to the South of France in a Mk1 MR2. 2 weeks camping. When we came to leave, we piled all the stuff, ready to pack and the pile was taller than the car. My then girlfriend was just very slightly obsessive about neatness and spent the next three hours getting it all in. Took her a few goes but it all went in. She attracted quite a crowd and a round of applause (although that could have been the shorts).

And i used to have a Volvo V70 which was a much more sensible choice - but this is my midlife crisis and so I'm having a Fiat 124! Could be worse - could be a motorbike 😁

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:00, Skinnyman said:

I've just pulled the trigger on a One10. I thought long and hard about the PJB extension cab but I've already had one and, light as it is, it's still twice the weight of the One10.

Thanks for all the input, guys. Really useful 😁

You won't be disappointed. My Little Rig is a Genz Streamliner 900 and BF One10 and it sounds phenomenal with 5-string basses and EUB. Most gigs require only one trip from car to venue. I never turn the amp up loud but the BF gets the sound across and can keep up easily with a big band of up to 20, mostly front-line horn players. And the whole lot sits easily on a small space in the back of the car.

• Thanks 1