Why become a member? ×

Tonight’s gig is cancelled....because...

Thunderpaws

35 minutes ago, Thunderpaws said:

I also agree that the venue (13th Note) should have had a contingency, as rightly pointed out, what if there was simply a call off due to illness. Waking up this morning my bubble is still deflated. 

With the amount of gigs that the 13th Note put on, I’m surprised they don’t have a pool of sound guys they could have called upon.

I’m sure they did in the past - a former band-mate’s cousin did it while he was at college, and I think he only did a gig or two each week.

7 hours ago, Teebs said:

... either way, whichever gender the accused now identifies with, sound guy 'X' is still a git.

I can't be more gender neutral than that!

:)  🚻

I'm offended that you chose to use the male orientated chromosome!  :(  

Just kidding... obviously... in case anyone took offense!  :) 

• Haha 2

What's Murtaugh's constant complaint in "Lethal Weapon"?

"I'm gettin' too old for this sh!t"

I think I need that on a T shirt.....

Edited by Skinnyman
corrected spelling as autocorrect is sh*t
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, keeponehandloose said:

What exactly does 'gender neutral' mean?

I think you may have just hit the nail of irony right on the head there. My understanding is that it refers to someone who identifies as neither one gender or the other. They use the impersonal pronouns ‘they’ and ‘their’. Generally, this is seen as being supportive of those who are ‘gender fluid’ or transgender. So unless the band’s post used the term ‘most gender neutral band’ in a sarcastic or demeaning manner, I would normally assume that they were supportive of LGBTQ++ issues.

Guest oZZma
36 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

I think you may have just hit the nail of irony right on the head there. My understanding is that it refers to someone who identifies as neither one gender or the other. They use the impersonal pronouns ‘they’ and ‘their’. Generally, this is seen as being supportive of those who are ‘gender fluid’ or transgender. So unless the band’s post used the term ‘most gender neutral band’ in a sarcastic or demeaning manner, I would normally assume that they were supportive of LGBTQ++ issues.

It sounds very much sarcastic to me but even so... Unless one is freaking serious feeling "offended" is a bit exaggerated IMO. Anyways when someone makes a "politically incorrect" joke should take into account that someone will feel butt-hurt (isn't exactly that the purpose?), unluckily it was the sound guy this time. 

Edited by oZZma

5 minutes ago, oZZma said:

It sounds very much sarcastic to me but even so... Unless one is freaking serious feeling "offended" is a bit exaggerated IMO. Anyways when someone makes a "politically incorrect" joke should take into account that someone will feel butt-hurt (isn't exactly that the purpose?), unluckily it was the sound guy this time. 

....ahem...sound "person" perhaps?🤔

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

As I understand it, ‘gender neutral’ can be seen as somehow offensive to trans people who are sometime very gender specific, the ..... in a .....’s body thing. I started listening to a speaker on this a few weeks ago, but frankly started to feel so depressed at the needless complexity and labelling involved, that I got my phone out and looked at ‘Amps & Cabs for Sale’ on here, which relieved the depression but meant I never got to understand the full trans/same sex attraction/gender neutral debate

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FinnDave said:

The next door neighbour may not have taken offence, we were talking about the wooden panels that separate out gardens, so he might have said he was 'taking the fence' now that I come to think of it. He is Canadian, so some of his vowels are slightly different.

Youre lucky, my neighbour is from New Zealand - the amount of hassle we had when I was in the garden fixing my outdoor wooden platform and he asked me if I needed some help polishing my deck.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Too true sadly. To celebrate this we have a song called Are You Offended, which very catchily goes Are You Offended, Well F&ck You Too. It’s not clever, not subtle, so what.

Sadly it’s - imo - the internet that’s a lot to blame tor this,  people being so much braver sat at a keyboard than face to face. They can air opinions without comeback so suddenly find they have to tell everyone how everything in the world is offensive to them. 

The opposite is also true. It's much easier for me to say things that may offend others, from behind the safety of my keyboard. My policy is, if I wouldn't say it to somebody's face, then I'm better off not posting it on the internet.

Guest oZZma
40 minutes ago, Staggering on said:

....ahem...sound "person" perhaps?🤔

Sound guys are always sound guys, even if they are females! :D

Guest oZZma
44 minutes ago, Beedster said:

As I understand it, ‘gender neutral’ can be seen as somehow offensive to trans people who are sometime very gender specific, the ..... in a .....’s body thing. 

IMO "gender neutral" is not offensive itself, but if you use it to be "ironic"... Just imagine how much stupid "irony" people who go under gender transition have beared in their lives. It was enough innocent here, but still.