Why become a member? ×

2015er GIBSON THUNDERBIRD BASS :: including "upgrades" and "mods"
£1299
Dortmund / Germany

null9er

Hello Thunderheads,

here I am offering my original Gibson Thunderbird 2015. In my opinion the 2015 Thunderbird series is one of the best T-Birds of the past decades – only my opinion. However, the bass is of excellent quality with very resonant woods and a really Jazz-Bass-style neck. Please refer to the Gibson homepage for a very good and detailed documentation of the 2015 T-Birds.

The bass is in very good condition and received a couple of reasonable upgrades that push the instrument even further:

• EMG TBHZ PUs – an absolute improvement – precise attack and a lot of “Thunder”

• new (and better) pots, a quality input-socket and new knobs (the original electric-department is still existing and part of this offer)

• stripping of the back of the neck – a surface like velvet and significantly “faster” than the original finish, the work was done by a professional luthier

As already mentioned the T-Bird is in very good condition with a new setup and new Elixir Nanoweb strings. The only optical flaw is a small varnish crack on the side of the headstock (see pics) - not visible for the audience and the band members and only visual appearance.  

Besides the EQ-parts mentioned the T-Bird comes in the original Gibson case including tools, certificate and all the stuff from the original purchase.

If you are interested I can offer an additional hardware set (Babicz bridge and Schaller tuner) and handwound „60ies Vintage Thunderbird Alnico Humbucker“ from German pickup guru David Barfuss. Bridge und PUs are still brand-new and in originally packaging – they haven’t seen any instrument from the inside. It was planned as one of my projects I never found time to start…

The T-beauty is located in Germany – of course I offer worldwide shipping and tank-like packaging.

Feel free to ask any questition. I will do my very best to response quickly and in detail.

Please excuse my "bumby" English…

Gibson_TBird_01.jpg

Gibson_TBird_03.jpg

Gibson_TBird_04.jpg

Gibson_TBird_05.jpg

Gibson_TBird_07.jpg

Gibson_TBird_08.jpg

Gibson_TBird_09.jpg

Gibson_TBird_10.jpg

Gibson_TBird_11.jpg

Gibson_TBird_13.jpg

• Like 1