Why become a member? ×

ibanez sr 2405w

ebenezer

I have to say, i like the look of these.... 18mm spacing,yes!....always thought you get a lot for your money with the sr line in particular the premium line.

just wondered if anybody has played one and more to the point, what do you think.

• 2 weeks later...

One here. My first Ibanez - ashamed to say the brand snob in me always steered clear - BUT.. I'm getting more pragmatic in my old age, (and owned many underwhelming basses from long coveted brands) - so on a long 5 string hunt tried hard to be agnostic. New SR premiums won on neck feel, and new alliance with Aguilar won me over on sound. 

Super Doubles have great character, pre amp is good. Always found adjustable mid freq critical on 3 band (live at least), glad at least switchable (shame not a sweep). 

Adjustable bridge spacing works well, reduced to 17mm.. Crap stock strings as you'd expect but transformed with DR sunbeams.  

Sounded good in rehearsal, looking forward to testing in anger with gigs next wk. 

IMG_5410.jpg.325cf9a7705c32b64fae05d7729c50a0.jpg

Edited by Drax
  • Like 1