Why become a member? ×

NB(O)D

ianrendall

1 hour ago, therealting said:

You’re in for a treat. My Sadowsky NYC Strat was a work of art, and in a similar colour and wood scheme too. 

I can’t wait. They’ve never done a Pelham satin before so mine will be the only one in the world - for a while at least. I really like how morado looks as well - like rosewood that’s been given highlights!

6 hours ago, Grahambythesea said:

Did you remortgage the house or sell a kidney?

I saved up wherever I could for about 2 years so far, which isn’t easy when you’re a self employed  B&B and Cattery owner. Actually, it’s my wife that does that. I saved up my bass money walking people’s dogs, and that’s no word of a lie. 😊

Granted, I could have got a Metro or MetroExpress for less but my 20+ year GAS was for an NYC. I thought this over very hard. I COULD get Metro. But the NYC gas would still be there.

Also granted, I could have got a really good used ‘real’ NYC for the money I’m paying for a new Satin. But I wanted the full on experience of ordering a new Sadowsky, dealing with Roger and Carl directly, even the build time, on this, the year of my 40th birthday.

• Like 3

On 04/03/2019 at 22:53, ianrendall said:

I saved up wherever I could for about 2 years so far, which isn’t easy when you’re a self employed  B&B and Cattery owner. Actually, it’s my wife that does that. I saved up my bass money walking people’s dogs, and that’s no word of a lie. 😊

Granted, I could have got a Metro or MetroExpress for less but my 20+ year GAS was for an NYC. I thought this over very hard. I COULD get Metro. But the NYC gas would still be there.

Also granted, I could have got a really good used ‘real’ NYC for the money I’m paying for a new Satin. But I wanted the full on experience of ordering a new Sadowsky, dealing with Roger and Carl directly, even the build time, on this, the year of my 40th birthday.

Definitely the right call. I bought a used NYC that was custom made (for somebody else...) and it is exceptional. The ability to make your own individual order is pretty damn awesome. All the best with building process. 

I personally really like the feel of satin finished instruments. I have a satin finished Les Paul guitar and love it. A satin finished Sadowsky will be about as good as it gets.

• 3 months later...