Why become a member? ×

SOLD THANKS LAKLAND 55-02
£840
Stroud UK

fingerz

Up for sale my fantastic Lakland Skyline 55-02 5 string.

I bought this bass as a limp-along whilst I sold my old Celinder 5er and looked for another 5 string when the time was right (I was playing mainly 4 string at the time). I stumbled across this and it allowed me to free up some equity, now it's time to move it on. This is simply the best 5 string I've ever owned, it's just not quite my sound, but it's been a joy to own and dead reliable. The previous owner played it a lot (probably why it's so nice), so the neck has some staining which should clean up. However, it's in great condition, and free from any issues. 

Fretwork is great, neck is great, action is slammed and plays perfectly. String to string balance is sublime, the notes are still really full up top, B and E string are taught and resonant. It has the Lakland Pre and pickups, with mid freq selector switches and a master gain inside the cavity, push/pull active/passive, 3 band EQ, Master Vol, Pickup Pan. The switch is for the MM pup and lets you choose humbucker, rear or front magnets. I always used it as a 70's style Jazz, with the rear single magnet, and it really does this well. The neck pickup really sounds like a P bass too.

Year: 2008

Manufactured: Korea

Body: Ash 3TS

Neck: Maple

Fingerboard: Maple

String spacing: 19mm

Nut width: 44mm

Preamp: Lakland 3 band, 9v

Pups: Lakland

Weight: 10.4lbs

Other: Dunlop strap buttons, strung with D'Addario Nickel 45-125

Happy to supply a basic gig bag if needed.

Ideally sell without posting but open to discussion if essential. I travel so I'm sure we could work something out for any UK buyers.

I'm NOT interested in trades, sorry. If you have any questions or anything I've missed, please just ask. Thanks!

IMG_7235.JPG

IMG_7236.JPG

IMG_7237.JPG

IMG_7238.JPG

IMG_7239.JPG

IMG_7241.JPG

IMG_7240.JPG

IMG_7242.JPG

IMG_7244.JPG

IMG_7247.JPG

IMG_7248.JPG

IMG_7249.JPG

Edited by fingerz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bubinga5 said:

Fantastic basses. Same pickups and preamp as the USA Laklands. Hanson/LH3. With probably the best 5 string necks ever. GLWTS. 

Thanks Bubinga5

I agree. My Celinder 5 had the best neck I've ever player on a 5 string, and this particular 5502 struck a chord. Action is so low it gets that 'zing' with no problems. Really versatile too, I used that MM pup on one song on a recent tour and it really growled in the mix although it's not my thing solo'd.

I'll withdraw if my new bass doesn't come up to the high standard this and previous basses have set. Thanks for the feedback, good to know I'm not alone!

• 1 month later...
  • ped locked this topic