Why become a member? ×

sold pending (Mesa Walkabout Scout 12 combo) oooooh!
£970
Leeds/Bradford

LukeFRC

SO one of those threads where I'm floating it out there to see if there's any interest in an item because I've got GAS for something else. To be honest I'm not 100% about selling this as I love the thing, but thought it's worth trying. 

So what is it? 

Only one of the most iconic bass amps from the last 20 years, small, compact but packing a punch of old school solid state tone, with it's big old valvey sound. 
It's a really early one. Go look at the threads on Talkbass and you'll find chat about the older ones being brighter sounding than the later ones. The early ones were also unofficially stable at 2 ohms. (But obviously if you need something that runs at 2 ohms, read up on it as it's officially 4 ohms min) 

Amp rated at 300w solid state watts at 4 ohms. 
I had a problem with it a year or so ago, and the power transformer melted. The original Mesa Czech made transformer was replaced with a official Mesa USA made part but Mesa's authorised tech in my part of the world. (not cheap) - but it means it was serviced within the last two years. 
Oh yeah, it's got a late 50's or early 60's Philips ECC83 in valve position 1. I got it and it sounded way nicer than the stock Mesa valve so it stayed in there. If anyone wants me too I can open it up and check what it is. 

And this one has a lovely green cab, with basket grill, and brown leather handle and corners. I can actually leave this in the front room and not get complaints cos it looks classy. Compact enough it will take up half the boot of a Mk7 Golf and fit under the parcel shelf.

Price includes UK postage/delivery etc. 
If you're outside the UK delivery costs will vary obviously. Probably not feasible to post outwith the EU. 
Offers will be listened too; Trade offers... well I have plans for what I would replace this with but sometimes Basschat trade offers are where the exciting discoveries are found... 

_DSF8576.JPG

_DSF8577.JPG

_DSF8578.JPG

_DSF8579.JPG

Edited by LukeFRC
  • Like 7

What a beauty ! One of my fav looking combos .. I played WoT Walkabout (head) at Harrogate bash years ago & it was really lush &!alive sounding, just a beautiful amp .. would love this but mrs will divorce me lol ... what are you gassing for Luke ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Is that my ex?

Maybe? I think the cab has been around basschat a bit @Oldman and @TPJ I think have owned it. I was supposed to be selling a combo to mark at old chapel in Leeds @mark_ir and he let me have a try of a whole pile of amps and cabs they have there, including a Mesa m-pulse 600 and two walkabout heads - I ended up giving him money and taking this home with the head I preferred the sound of.... I’m almost talking myself out of selling it here.

1 hour ago, silverfoxnik said:

Wow - did a random test and even Mrs Silverfoxnik likes the look of this!! 

You'd better hang onto it @LukeFRC

It is too precious and rare as a piece of bass gear and objet d'art to let go.. 😁

So erm 

my wife is my favourite person in the world, and she is generally ok with my “I’ve just spent our money on something from a guy on basschat, oh and I’m going to take half the weekend driving half the country to pick it up”... she’s great.

however I explained to her what I was thinking of doing and she had a fairly strong reaction about liking this amp (see the title wasn’t a lie) and also pointing out that our house might not be big enough for my plan... so I need to think this one through - I’ll be asking a mod to lock this thread shortly for now...

• Like 1

Awesome piece of kit, I have the 15 inch version, beige with brown leather trim, not something that should be sold once you’re looky enough to have one, although if you’re selling..............🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶

On 21/10/2019 at 21:23, binky_bass said:

Such a nice amp... every time I see it I want it!

I'll be down in Essex for Christmas if you want Santa to bring you a present*
:D

*obviously Santa would  prefer payment in money rather than  sherry and mince pies to the same value... 

• Haha 1

This was on hold, now it isn't.

RE: Trades

I've had a few really good trade offers, thanks. Just for clarity.... trade offers on Basschat are normally where you get to own the really interesting stuff... so while I will be picking up another amp of some kind, I don't need any cabs or effects thanks. Instrument wise I generally prefer four strings.

• 3 weeks later...