Why become a member? ×

My Band in Prog magazine + Video

LewisK1975

On 30/03/2019 at 20:26, ead said:

Since receiving the CD it has been on in the car constantly.  Great work Lewis and band.

Have told my Scottish mate who broadcasts a prog show to give some airtime.

That's very kind of you ead! Cheers mate!

My copy of the CD arrived yesterday, I gave it a quick listen last night and was thoroughly impressed. Even my good lady liked it and it's not the sort of thing she normally listens to. She commented on your singers voice reminding her a little of Cerys Matthews, must be a Welsh thing xD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Osiris said:

My copy of the CD arrived yesterday, I gave it a quick listen last night and was thoroughly impressed. Even my good lady liked it and it's not the sort of thing she normally listens to. She commented on your singers voice reminding her a little of Cerys Matthews, must be a Welsh thing xD

Thanks Osiris & Mrs Osiris!  The idea for the band was a modern approach to Prog, whilst still maintaining an old-school vibe, so it makes sense that it appeals to more than just pure progsters...Thanks again for the kind words!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Osiris said:

Cerys Matthews !!!! that's who i was thinking off and couldn't quite put my finger on it. Its like adding an oustanding pop singer like Cerys to a Prog band. What a great combination it makes and def appeals to a wider audience.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KevB said:

There's been a good representation of modern Welsh prog bands with female vox - The Reasoning, Karnataka, Magenta.

Indeed Kev,  and it's Magenta's Rob Reed who runs our label. 

And the gent that is @mattbass6 on here was/is behind The Reasoning & was also a Magenta member..

• Like 1

Listening now.  It's a lovely bass tone.  Is the recording engineer who recorded the bass/guitars the (ex-IQ) drummer Andy Edwards or is it a different one?  As previous posters have commented, there's something good about female Welsh vocalists - Magenta is one of my current faves as well.    Anyway, a thoroughly recommended listen.  Some nice modern Rush references too.

I hate to mention it but surely track 3 should be titled "The Kings Are Dead" as the extra apostrophe makes it a meaningless lyric.  Sorry to be a pedant.  

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, TorturedSaints said:

Listening now.  It's a lovely bass tone.  Is the recording engineer who recorded the bass/guitars the (ex-IQ) drummer Andy Edwards or is it a different one?  As previous posters have commented, there's something good about female Welsh vocalists - Magenta is one of my current faves as well.    Anyway, a thoroughly recommended listen.  Some nice modern Rush references too.

I hate to mention it but surely track 3 should be titled "The Kings Are Dead" as the extra apostrophe makes it a meaningless lyric.  Sorry to be a pedant.  

It's a different Andy Edwards, he is/was the vocalist/guitarist of Welsh prog band EZRA.

Thanks for the kind words. 

Yep, we spotted the incorrect apostrophe when we visited the label HQ to see the CD's - too late then unfortunately.

Hopefully it'll be corrected if further pressings are done..no need for apologies..

• Like 1