Why become a member? ×

My Band in Prog magazine + Video

LewisK1975

21 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

worked ok for me earlier today.

Dave

OK thanks DAve

9 hours ago, LewisK1975 said:

Weird that - Let me know if you've still got a problem though, and I'll let them know.

Had a few more goes and I think that it has worked even though the transaction was a bit lumpy and seemed to not round off.  Anyway I have a PayPal receipt email and the payment is showing on my account so fingers crossed that it reached the seller OK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Album just arrived this morning and having my first listen and so far the first 4 tracks are stupendous. Not overkilled by keyboards yet still retaining the traditional prog feel. Absolutely loving this. Very refreshing take on Prog.

Some really nice little bass runs thrown in. Very nice work indeed.

Highly recommend this especially Prog fans. You won't be disappointed. Has touches of YES, Rush and few others hiding in there and i'm guessing those were the main influences

Well done

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Thanks 1

Just had a listen to both the Coverland video and the album preview and I think it's awesome!

When I saw the Prog mention I was expecting something more self indulgent but the music is intelligent without being pretentious and varied without turning into musical masturbation. It's very accessible and there's some great playing throughout. 

Just one observation form the Coverland video, the drummer doesn't look like he's beating the kit to within an inch of its life. Where did you find him? Are there any left in stock? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Album just arrived this morning and having my first listen and so far the first 4 tracks are stupendous. Not overkilled by keyboards yet still retaining the traditional prog feel. Absolutely loving this. Very refreshing take on Prog.

Highly recommend this especially Prog fans. You won't be disappointed. Has touches of YES, Rush and few others hiding in there and i'm guessing those were the main influences

Well done

Dave

Mine hasn't landed yet :(

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Well done

Dave

Thanks Dave!  And correct on the influences, We're all big Rush fans...

1 hour ago, Osiris said:

Just had a listen to both the Coverland video and the album preview and I think it's awesome!

When I saw the Prog mention I was expecting something more self indulgent but the music is intelligent without being pretentious and varied without turning into musical masturbation. It's very accessible and there's some great playing throughout. 

Just one observation form the Coverland video, the drummer doesn't look like he's beating the kit to within an inch of its life. Where did you find him? Are there any left in stock? 

1 hour ago, Osiris said:

Just went to purchase a copy of the album and PayPal looks like it's working fine for me.

The only question I have is that it's not clear from http://www.whiteknightrecords.co.uk/ what format it is, I assume it's a CD? Hopefully it's not vinyl as I no longer have a turntable!  

Very kind words Osiris, than you very much.  And yes, it's only CD that's been done at the moment..

1 hour ago, ead said:

Mine hasn't landed yet :(

Fret not ead, the official release date is tomorrow,  Dave must have some lightning quick posties round his way...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LewisK1975 said:

Fret not ead, the official release date is tomorrow,  Dave must have some lightning quick posties round his way...

Nah its because i'm famous.............. in my own world.  :laugh1:

Listened to the full album and its quite simply 1st class. There's something about the vocalist that just draws you in for more. The vocals also sit well forward in the mix so everything she sings is crystal clear. She has a unique voice. The more i listen to the album the more i want to hear the next album. I can see me following this band's progress.

This is also one of those albums i'll enjoy playing along with as the bass just sounds so good.

Few of my mates have already commented on the album as i copied the album preview link on to my FB page.

Wish you every success guys. Well deserved in my opinion.

Dave

16 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Listened to the full album and its quite simply 1st class. There's something about the vocalist that just draws you in for more. The vocals also sit well forward in the mix so everything she sings is crystal clear. She has a unique voice. The more i listen to the album the more i want to hear the next album. I can see me following this band's progress.

This is also one of those albums i'll enjoy playing along with as the bass just sounds so good.

Few of my mates have already commented on the album as i copied the album preview link on to my FB page.

Wish you every success guys. Well deserved in my opinion.

Thanks again Dave - humbled!