Why become a member? ×

Ok, that's impressive...

operative451

So i'm A/Bing my Zoom B3n and my little Warwick Blue Cab 15.1 trying to work out exactly what it is i like about the Warwick.  I have a hunch its the speaker as the DI out the back doesn't have the same thud to it. So i start with cabinet emulations by themselves and pretty much immediately find that the SVT8x10 emulation sounds super close to the Warwick.  Chuck in a bit of no-messing about compression and that's effectively the tone i like. 

So basically Warwick managed to tune a 8" speaker to have similar enough tonal characteristics to an 8x10 that a cab sim sounds virtually* the same**.  I don't know what's more impressive, that they managed to get that amount of thud into a little box with titchy speaker, or that the Zoom is able to fake it!

I will also need to have a conversation with myself that goes something like: 'That does not mean you need an ampeg stack. You can't afford it and the nice goddy lady who lives upstairs currently says hello to you, which she will be less likely to do if she's being vibrated around her flat.'

*ahaha! See what i did there!

**subject to my crappy ears

• Like 1

I'm probably more likely to use mine live than drag an amp actually..! Just going from the fact that pretty much every gig i've been to, i've had to suggest that the person standing in front of me shuts the funk up so i can hear the actual band... Even when its bastardingly loud!

Clearly audiences don't give a toss and go to gigs for somewhere to yak loudly about football or how many times they've seen the band before (and talked all the way through presumably)...!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Your Zoom sounds like your Warwick Blue 15, not an 810 stack even if it says SVT 810 on the tin, I've had both (Zoom and Ampeg) and the zoom sure don't sound like my Ampeg, you can't emulate that word that shall not be mentioned beginning with H and ending in T with a simulator IMO.

That being said, you're right about the punters not giving a toss, go through the PA with your zoom and save your back :)

Edited by skidder652003

22 hours ago, operative451 said:

So i'm A/Bing my Zoom B3n and my little Warwick Blue Cab 15.1 trying to work out exactly what it is i like about the Warwick.  I have a hunch its the speaker as the DI out the back doesn't have the same thud to it. So i start with cabinet emulations by themselves and pretty much immediately find that the SVT8x10 emulation sounds super close to the Warwick.

What is the output of your Zoom plugged into?