Why become a member? ×

Boss wireless WL-20 or WL-20L ?

Rusco

5 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I'm having a nightmare with my Boss system these days. My guitarist uses the Xvive and has no issues at rehearsals, but my Boss cut out quite a bit. I think its his system effecting mine because it's mainly when he moves closer to me. Might start using the Xvive's again. 

Or stop him getting close to you?

Well mine has stopped working, only had it just over a year, 40 odd gigs and mostly weekly rehearsals. I’ve e-mailed them and the AUS dept has been very good (was the only actual e-mail contact I could find). Quite typically dealing with the UK has not been anywhere near as straightforward, almost set up to prevent contact a conspiracy theorist might think. I’ll update once I have any kind of response/conclusion.

2 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Isn't it the same for most devices with built in rechargeable batteries?

Depends really.  The Shure transmitter has a replaceable lithium battery, and id always look for that rather than have a finite system.

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Or stop him getting close to you?

Well on a small stage thats just not possible. I'm talking about him standing next to me, just when he moves around. Could be a coincidence though. It seems fine at gigs so far though. 

Edited by dave_bass5

On 17/11/2019 at 18:07, dave_bass5 said:

Well on a small stage thats just not possible. I'm talking about him standing next to me, just when he moves around. Could be a coincidence though. It seems fine at gigs so far though. 

Au contraire - I have perfected the art with our singer, and he has the bruises to prove it :D

I bought a cheap wireless two plug system (£25), so I will give that a test to see how it works.

43 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Au contraire - I have perfected the art with our singer, and he has the bruises to prove it :D

I bought a cheap wireless two plug system (£25), so I will give that a test to see how it works.

Had another rehearsal last night, same room etc. It was rock solid. Still worrying though.