Why become a member? ×

Strap twist

Guest MoJo

Has anyone else noticed that if you have a twist in your strap, you always turn it in the direction that introduces another twist first, when trying to get the twist out?

That effing strap twist alway gets me. I swear there's a strap consipracy going on, and the strap knows it winds me up. It's not like it's just one strap, either. I have around 4 and the cunning bustards all do it.  Like bungee cords that always manage to hit you in the bluddy face, the strap twists out of sheer bluddy mindedness.

Accidently kicking the muthas down the stairs doesnt help at all. They're so light they just shake it off.  I may take my Black & Decker heat gun to the next one and see how it likes that bad boy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, fleabag said:

That effing strap twist alway gets me. I swear there's a strap consipracy going on, and the strap knows it winds me up. It's not like it's just one strap, either. I have around 4 and the cunning bustards all do it.  Like bungee cords that always manage to hit you in the bluddy face, the strap twists out of sheer bluddy mindedness.

Accidently kicking the muthas down the stairs doesnt help at all. They're so light they just shake it off.  I may take my Black & Decker heat gun to the next one and see how it likes that bad boy

You might even get it to go straight.... 😁

Geddit? Go straight? Fleabag, see, so.... Go straight.

's funny.

*Sigh*

I'll get me coat

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 24/02/2019 at 14:20, LITTLEWING said:

I'm normally okay with that. My problem EVERY freakin' time is the guitar stand coming with me when I lift my bass to start a set....

Ditto. And my guitar stand is built in to my stool so as to make it really really obvious.

• Like 1

I manage to unwind mine, but only after I've stood staring at it slack-jawed for a minute or two, working out the topology. It would probably be quicker to take it off and put it on again.

Off at a tangent - why is it that no guitarist (apart from me) uses straplocks, regardless of how expensive their instruments are? Every time they put a twist in their straps, I have to tell them otherwise their guitars would fall off.

12 hours ago, Davo-London said:

My peeve is my in-ears.  One goes in easily - the other one is a constant source of angst.  The swine just won't go in.

Push it into the ear it's easy to push it into, backwards, then push it all the way through. Simples.

• Haha 2