Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB434, NOW SOLD
£300

jrixn1

For sale (no trades) at £300 collected in London or £320 posted. Update: now sold

There is a full set of photos here: https://imgur.com/a/G5lq8CY

I bought this bass new in November 2018. Full specs here:  https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/guitars_basses/el_basses/bb_2017/400_series.html

It is a great PJ with excellent fit and finish. I love the pickups and there is a clarity to their sound.

Selling due to moving home and reducing number of basses I own.

Any speckling or marks in the photos are reflections, as the gloss finish is quite reflective under bright lights and I have a textured ceiling. Please ask me for clarification if you have any concerns or questions.

When I bought this bass, there was one slightly wobbly tuning machine. I applied a small amount of superglue which has addressed this issue to my satisfaction. However, I did mention this to the seller who then sent me a replacement machine, which is unopened and included in this sale.

The tort pickguard was custom made by Jack's Instrument Services. The original cream one is unused (still with the protective film), and is also included in this sale.

Collection from south-west London until the end of February, or north London from March onwards. I can post for £20 within the UK. Sorry, no postage outside of UK.

No gig bag included. 

DSCF6687.RAF.jpg

DSCF6690.RAF.jpg

Edited by jrixn1
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mattywix said:

Hi. Does it sound like a fender pbass? I want a pbass sound but I don’t want to buy a fender branded product, 

Yes, I would say so.  I'm only happy playing P basses and I've been very happy with the Yamahas.  Look up some videos on YouTube as that will give a better idea.  The pickups are standard sized, so it allows experimentation with different pickups brands, if that's of any interest.

5 hours ago, Mattywix said:

Hi. Does it sound like a fender pbass? I want a pbass sound but I don’t want to buy a fender branded product, reasons I won’t disclose in case fender enthusiasts get upset. 

Buy it. You won't regret it and something I'd say is on par (if not better) than Mexican basses. I own the BBP34 and BBP35 and it's up there as there best basses I've played. 

27 minutes ago, flippyfloop said:

Do you know the weight.

It's a good weight and balance, and I'm sure it's under 9lb.  I'm right in the middle of moving house and not sure where my scales have gone, so bear with me - I'll come back with an accurate weight but it might be after the weekend.