Why become a member? ×

Nordstrand Pickups !

Guest Marcoelwray

On 22/02/2019 at 20:07, Woodinblack said:

I love the nostdstrands. I have a set of Big Singles on my 1605. And on my 2605. and I bought a big bar, which I have yet to use, shame it won't fit on my Maruszczyk .

+1^^

Mine are on my Ibby 1206 and 1825. Just great!

Now here's my Q:

I'm looking for some quality hum cancelling P/Js and I came across these Nords, which seem to hit the mark in terms of a punchy P and that Nord growl in the bridge J

https://nordstrandaudio.com/collections/5-string-pj-bass-pickups/products/npj5s-hum-cancelling-set

Be interested if folk have any views on these?

@Marcoelwray - appreciate that you're not a fan of P pups and prefer passive, BUT if you could potentially 'hold your nose' and get hold of these, what price could you get them for?

6 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

The P part of that set is the same as the P that I have just bought and I am very impressed with it, so I would imagine the J part would be just as good. I might have got them for my Maruszczyk but I have a double J pickup on that.

Excellent, that's what I was hoping to hear, thanks! 

Guest Marcoelwray
9 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@Marcoelwray - appreciate that you're not a fan of P pups and prefer passive, BUT if you could potentially 'hold your nose' and get hold of these, what price could you get them for?

It's not because I don't like Ps a lot that I don't sell them 😛 £225 for NPJ5s set. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marcoelwray
27 minutes ago, Kev said:

Im after a set of 6 string Zen Blades in a P4 shell, how much would they be?

It should be around 270£ the set, in P4 shell, 18mm SS, delivered at your door. BUT I have to ask because I don't have Zen Blades price on my pricelist (?) but it should be the same price as the big splits, anyway, it can't be more than that.

Guest Marcoelwray
8 minutes ago, Kev said:

Interesting reference to SS, I thought with the Blades the main USP was spacing doesn’t matter as they are just bars?

Stupid me. Of course. Same as big Blades.

(Not on the website but closed cover is available)

Edited by Marcoelwray

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marcoelwray
7 hours ago, rubberweed said:

Do you stock the Nordy Mute, Marcoelwray?

Due to import taxes and fees (and also all sizes and string spacing available), I don't stock Nordstrand. But I can ask a price, I'll order some pickups with...