Why become a member? ×

T-Rex Quint Machine

mr4stringz

Hey all,

Had been looking around for an octaver which also generates 5ths and stumbled across this.

Anyway, the purpose of my post is that RRP seems to be about £170 (GAK was otherwise the cheapest I’d found at £155).

Thomann are currently knocking them out at €88 so thought I’d share...

https://m.thomann.de/gb/t_rex_quint_machine.htm

Edited by mr4stringz

• 3 years later...
On 27/02/2019 at 14:07, mr4stringz said:

Yeah, mine is for experimenting as part of a two piece thing so will be combined with octave up and distortion/fuzz for the ‘guitar’ element of the sound.

To revive an old thread, but how did you get on. Considering the same set up just now for a bit of fun and a couple of songs in the set. Did you get a reasonable result?

4 minutes ago, Jaybeevee said:

To revive an old thread, but how did you get on. Considering the same set up just now for a bit of fun and a couple of songs in the set. Did you get a reasonable result?

Weird I was just browsing on here and a thread this old is revived! 

Anyhow, it did a great job, though I took it off my board a couple of months back as it started generating a load of noise through my rig. Not had the chance to properly check what’s caused it yet, but currently alternating between a TC Sub n’ Up and a Digitech Whammy Ricochet in the meantime, both of which do a decent job, though can’t do the simultaneous 5th…

• Thanks 1