Why become a member? ×

Heavily Reliced basses

Bobthedog

1 hour ago, ixlramp said:

Interesting finishes created by abrasion are fine, but 'old guitar appearence' relicing is faking age in the attempt to fake mojo. Fakeness is bad and says something about the owner.

However there's clearly no shortage of guitarists and bassists with bad taste, or immature ones, so what is wanted is provided.

There’s not much point berating someone for having different taste. 

We’re all ‘right’ because that’s what we like, but it doesn’t make anyone else’s choices ‘wrong’. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ixlramp said:

'Carefully' relicing is even more ridiculous, as the intent is the appearence of lack of care, might a well relic it yourself and save paying the extra labour costs.

Interesting finishes created by abrasion are fine, but 'old guitar appearence' relicing is faking age in the attempt to fake mojo. Fakeness is bad and says something about the owner.

However there's clearly no shortage of guitarists and bassists with bad taste, or immature ones, so what is wanted is provided.

You are clearly more mature, and with better taste, than almost anyone I can think of. You post Has been an epiphany for me and will, I'm certain, convince anyone tempted by such devil's hardware of the error of their ways. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ixlramp said:

'Carefully' relicing is even more ridiculous, as the intent is the appearence of lack of care, might a well relic it yourself and save paying the extra labour costs.

You said it. Not me.

9 hours ago, GuyR said:

You are clearly more mature, and with better taste, than almost anyone I can think of. You post Has been an epiphany for me and will, I'm certain, convince anyone tempted by such devil's hardware of the error of their ways. 

You said it dude, colour me converted ... :P