Why become a member? ×

My usual practice technique these days

stingrayPete1977

It's only just occurred to me that most of the time I spend practicing and working stuff out ready for a rehearsal is done with this right hand technique, I've done it for years I suppose. Funny how like anything new you can't imagine doing anything else at the same time when you are learning yet I'll play some tricky stuff (for me at least) with that pen there, Start by the Jam was tonight's home work which I'd never played before. 

IMG-20190221-201941.jpg

Bad habit but hey ho. 

Edited by stingrayPete1977
  • Confused 1

I play along to the track and write various scribbles on a piece of A4 as I go, sometimes I'll keep playing with hammer ons and sometimes I'll pause the track to write something down. 

The chart ends up as a combination of chord charts, root notes, notation and little reminders which I'll play through eventually at the end without the pen to make sure it's correct, then I might look at the actual right hand technique, pick, slap, fingers or whatever. 

I cannot recall the last time I got practice 

we moved into this money pit 14 months ago and my foxtrot uniform Charlie kilo India November golf amp is still in the wardrobe where it landed on move in day. 

Thanks vendor and your your pack of lies 

thanks david wilson homes and your utterly sugar honey ice tea build quality and relentless corner cutting 

thanks idiot plumber who failed to tighten or ptfe anything in the shower room you fitted leading to “relentless succession of leaks” city from all possible sources of water

• Sad 1

Even now a carpet is rolled up letting the underlay dry as mr idiot didn’t tighten the cold feed nut enough. I had to cut the wall open to get to it. Just like the shower head feed that he did tighten but forgot to put ptfe on it first 

and he is british gas trained....

Edited by Geek99
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Geek99 said:

Even now a carpet is rolled up letting the underlay dry as mr idiot didn’t tighten the cold feed nut enough. I had to cut the wall open to get to it. Just like the shower head feed that he did tighten but forgot to put ptfe on it first 

and he is british gas trained....

Don’t talk to me about bloody British Gas.....

Small world though, I used to live in Coleorton