Why become a member? ×

1988 SGC Nanyo Bass Collection SB505ASR 5 String ( Rare ) WITHDRAWN FROM SALE
£1000

Martim Melo

Hello everyone,

I´m currently trying to find a new home and owner for this bass I accquired a couple of years ago, for my home studio recordings. I´m a guitarrist and I feel this bass never got the attention it deserves, as it is mostly stored in its hardcase. Here follows its characteristics:

Vintage 5-string active original Japanese SGC Nanyo Bass Collection 505 ASR 1988.

Body: Sen Ash Body
Neck: 1 Piece Maple
Fingerboard : 2 octave natural Ebony 24 Frets
Electronics. SGC PJ pickups 35026TD Active ( Type C )
Controlers: Low Impedance Cutout with 2 band Active EQ, pickup Blend and Volume Control
Machinery: GOTOH 206 Bridge ( Gold ) and Gotoh GB7 Tuners (Black) and updated Gold Gotoh knobs.
Finish: SRD ( See Through Red )
Nut: Brass

Defects: It has a small filled dent next to the backplate, a small laquer correction near the neck and a small lack of red varnish near the neck pickup, as shown in the photos. Overall it is in good condition for a 30 year old bass, it had a recent luthier setup. All the hardware is Gotoh, brass nut installed. The original black knobs are included as well as a hardcase. Electronics working perfectly.

The bass is in Portugal so a local pickup would be prefered. For international buyers, before commiting to buy, please send me a message so I can properly calculate the shipping fees ( not incl ). Will only post to the E.U. at buyers cost and risk.

12.jpg

9.jpg

13.jpg

11.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

• Martim Melo changed the title to 1988 SGC Nanyo Bass Collection SB505ASR 5 String ( Rare )
On 21/02/2019 at 21:46, Martim Melo said:

BreadBin, you are welcome. I found it on an online thread, I though it might come in handy, as there is so very little info on these basses. Glad it also serves you well !! :)

There's a massive thread in the Bass Guitars section called "Obscure Musical Backwaters". Tons of information here.

Edited by BassBunny
  • Like 1

I had one just like this, except that it had a black bridge and not gold, just like the one in the catalogue picture. I traded it to @Skezza , not sure if he still has it. At the time we had no idea what the model was, so thanks for posting the picture and good luck with the sale.

Edited by pete.young
  • Like 1

Hi pete.young, yes the all black Gotoh hardware is how it is originally looks and sells. When I bought mine, it already had the 206 Gold Gotoh bridge installed. I looked arround to see if I could trade it for a black one but no luck, these are ultra rare so I kept the gold bridge and instead, decied to upgrade all hardware to Gold, just haven´t changed the tunners yet. It is a killer bass, really like its power but as I said, I play guitar mostly and I don´t give it much play. If by some chance I don´t sell it, I´ll do the full upgrade ( Tunners, Bartolini pickups and maybe a custom paint job or at least try to replicate the original one ).

Warm Regards,

Martim

• Martim Melo changed the title to 1988 SGC Nanyo Bass Collection SB505ASR 5 String ( Rare ) WITHDRAWN FROM SALE