Why become a member? ×

Favourite P bass pickups

la bam

8 hours ago, Jonse said:

Lindy Fralin for me, the standard wind ones. Pair that with one of those pricey (but lovely) Emerson looms - fantastic! 

Seriously!?

Haha!

Edited by KiOgon
LINK DIDN'T WORK!

I've been titting around trying different (most) P pickups for years and the best imo were the Lindy Fralin regular wound. Pricey though..

Not tried the Nordstrand NP4 but they always sound excellent on all the different youtube vids I've seen for what it's worth.

Edited by miles'tone

14 minutes ago, frankzelf said:

For me it's Aero, www.aeroinstrument.com/pickups

Both my Fender P Custom Shop have these, much more detail, still has the punch!

Which Pe pickups do you use out of interest? 4 to choose from - I like the idea of the Type 2 "clear acoustic"..

They also must be the only company who offer Fodera replacement pickups. Yikes!

Over the years ive had Fralins, Wizard Thumper, Hanson, DiMarzio DP122, EMG GB, generic pups and Fender 62RI (twice). All sounded good, but none stood out as 'better' . The DP122 is probably the one that made the most noticeable difference and its the one i have in my Squier CVP., but since 2015 ive been gigging a Fender Sandblasted P using the stock pup. A change of string brand/type or bass made much more difference to my ears.

Even having the same pup in two different basses (which ive done) gives different tones, so i think its a case of not what's best, but just finding out what works in a certain bass.

• Like 1