dazaudio

Ampeg Classic Analog Preamp
£60

I see that the output is a jack socket rather than an XLR like the ones you see on bass amp heads.

Excuse my ignorance but is a jack output better/worse/the same as an XLR output?

I'm currently borrowing an Ampeg SCR-DI and it sounds really nice so I imagine that this unit sounds just as good.

GLWTS.

Hi, 

Apologies for the late response. XLR is different and used when the unit is a DI box too.

So, for this pedal you would need a DI BOX as well to get to front of house or console.

So this would work nicely with the SCR DI etc.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Cheers!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By d_g
      Up for sale here is my John East J Retro. This thing sounds great and I'm only selling as I recently took this out of my Overwater and replaced it with a J Tone.
      Please note, my overwater has a separate battery box so the battery terminal is separate from the drop-in preamp (see pics) this means that a small amount of basic wire stripping and soldering is necessary to install the battery - hence the bargain price. The battery cables and ground cable are labelled to make it obvious!
      £125 posted in the UK.
      Any questions do let me know.
      Many thanks
      Dan

• By CalDeep
      I'm looking for any advice from anyone that has played or owned one or hopefully both of these! 

I run a small commercial studio as well as being a session bass player. I'm looking for a decent tube amp that will do that expected tube amp thing in the studio and for smaller gigs. I've very keen on either of these but both have pros and cons for me, and Im looking for any advice from owners. 

I love that the PF50T has self loading, every amp should have this, just for safety alone! - However there will almost always be a mic on it so it's not a dealbreaker. I kind of feel like some people listen with their eyes, so something with Ampeg written on it is always good for a studio. The biggest plus - it's THAT sound, and I love THAT sound. 
      I love the Stubby for the feedback control, from everything I've heard it seems like you really can convincingly get anything from SVT to B15 to Bassman - this is super attractive - if this has self loading it would be an easy winner. I've also had an LB30 drophead on loan for a few weeks and I'm getting on well with it.  

Both about the same price. Both as easily available. 

HEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPP
    • By MrT-Bass
      MXR M81 Preamp pedal - VGC with original box, etc... £100 + £5 shipping in UK
      Bank transfer preferred but Paypal (Friends & Family) could also work.

• By loremil
      Selling this Phil Jones Big Head HA-1 Headphone Amplifier. Excellent condition, works perfectly, just selling to fund another purchase.
      Can be used as a super clean headphone amplifier, as a quality boost for media players, as an audio interface for recording, and as an external preamp for mixers and amplifiers.
      Comes with carry case, short aux cable, charging cable, and aux to 1/4inch jack cable.
      Collection in London or shipment, no trades please, thanks for looking.

Specs from Phil Jones: Mobile Amp and Audio Interface

The PJB BigHead is not big at all. In fact it is barely larger than an iPhone. The “Big” is about the sound. It functions first as an awesome bass headphone amplifier with 2 band EQ ( +/- 18db @ 60 Hz and +/- 18dB @ 5KHz) set for optimization of all kinds of bass instruments.

Unlike consumer electronic MP3 players and smartphones that have very small power output of around 20 milliwatt to drive headphones, the BigHead has more than 10 times the power. This contributes to a far more exhilarating listening experience with increased resolution and dynamics. Even if you are just listening to music, the BigHead will be a great improvement to your regular headphones, adding more listening pleasure.

A more important function of the BigHead is being a recording tool both in digital and analog. As an Analog Digital Converter, it has the finest BURR BROWN digital components. The USB out is 48KHz 16Bit digital conversion. In other words, recording your bass into Pro Tools will give you exactly what you wish for and absolutely nothing else.

Maybe you need an analog preamp. The Big Head can do that too. It will provide up to 12dB of gain and better than 96 dB signal to noise ratio. Just use the headphone out jack to feed an amp or mixer. It is also a perfect match with PJB powered monitors, the PB 100 or PB 300.

It has an internal lithium-ion rechargeable battery that is fed by its USB jack, so any computer or appropriate cell phone charger can charge it in less than 3 hours, but it can play for up to 8 hours.

• By SumOne
      DSM & Humboldt Simplifier Bass Station. £220.

Mint condition, only used at home since purchased from Andertons for £299 in mid-December (one of the newest batch). It works perfectly and sounds great but I have changed my setup so it's no longer needed. Not really anything else out there with all these features, and it's all in the size of a small Boss pedal!
      DI: 1/4" Jack in: passive/active input switch 1/4" Jack out: output/thru output switch XLR DI out XLR DI parallel out Ground lift switch Phase invert switch Aux in Headphone out (with volume control)  Preamp: EQ: Three-band +/- 15dB  EQ with 3x Mid Frequency select SVT type drive Preamp FX loop Parallel FX loop Parallel LPF 100Hz/500Hz  Parallel/Preamp blend Cab sim:  3x cab size   3x colour cabs Mic position Resonance https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitar-pedals/bass-overdrive-pedals/dsm-and-humboldt-simplifier-amp-bass-station-preamp-and-cab-sim-analogue-pedal

https://www.simplifieramp.com/bass-station

My selling feedback is here: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/446834-feedback-for-sumone/