Why become a member? ×

New pedal day

Rollin Thunder

KHDK Abyss overdrive pedal. 

Had my eye on one of these for a while now, really fancied an Xotic bass BB but just too expensive and only really does one thing. 

Think I have made the right decision with this, two channels low (mildrr overdrive) hi (out n out distortion) you can get anything from slight tubey boost with a bit of grit to some really nice smooth warm grit, all the way to some complete ripping distortion. 

There is no blend but separate volume control for clean and dirt, which takes a short while to get your head around  but works really really well. Found it best to set the clean to line level, then just bring in the dirt to the level Satuartion I want, once you have that level then the gain is just more you want or less you want and then get no loss of low end. Really liking this, and it goes into my Tech 21 VT really well on a mild/clean setting or with just the eq on. You only really need the treble if saturating the dirt channel and been to lose some highs, other wise just left it at like 11 or 12 pm

anybody else got one any other fans

There was a short lived thread on this pedal 18 months ago, and I didn't get any bites when I asked last year how people were finding them. I like the concept of it, and would like to give it a try as part of the never ending quest for the perfect OD. Glad it's working out for you!

1 hour ago, ben4343 said:

There was a short lived thread on this pedal 18 months ago, and I didn't get any bites when I asked last year how people were finding them. I like the concept of it, and would like to give it a try as part of the never ending quest for the perfect OD. Glad it's working out for you!

Are we not all looking, maybe its a mythical relic that does not really exist and its an endless quest. this seems like the one, for now anyway. I did have an MXR m80 bass di and overdrive. the overdrive was very nice but as soon as it kicked in even with gain all the way down, its sucked out all the bass tone, you had to have the blend right down to well below 12pm otherwise the bass all went. this does not do that but you can still get face ripping overdrive on higher settings ans still not lose much bass tone. 

I hopefully will stick with this but then you see something else and think ooh thats worth a try.

• Like 1