Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ken Smith Design (KSD) 70s 6-string Jazz - PRICE REDUCED £599 - now with video demo
£750

therealting

For sale: my beautiful 70s-style Ken Smith Design (KSD) 6-string J bass in very good condition. I’d wanted a six-string jazz for a very long time, but they are few and far between! When I first got this the stock pickups had a weird narrow magnetic field which meant the B and C strings weren’t balanced with the rest. I’ve had pricey and highly regarded Basstec pickups (from Schack) put in, as well as a nice ME 2-band boost-only preamp installed (lovely work as usual by Feline Guitars). Little tone monster now, but I have my eye on a medium scale so needs must.

Ash body in natural finish, bound maple fingerboard on maple neck, white pearloid pickguard and block markers. Grover tuners, Hipshot bridge, recessed Dunlop strap locks. I’ve ultrasonically cleaned the strings (but as they’re well-played in I’d expect any buyer to want to replace them, especially if you like zing).

Now just £599 collected in SE London (Greenwich, Bromley, Croydon).

49647976-BAAD-4DEE-9149-AD3859793704.jpeg

B33FEAD5-ECFF-495F-BF1E-0270A7FF9672.jpeg

7208A9BE-4748-4197-B49F-CB6D1CE56FE1.jpeg

7ED94CBE-C956-4858-B2A8-2704AC8E20AB.jpeg

52F59453-2DB7-4DFA-9588-428A83E94C89.jpeg

8D9DDC6F-5CAC-4D63-A1D8-63FF3DD922D3.jpeg

Edited by therealting
Marked as SOLD
  • Like 5

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the radio silence, @roceci and all. I’ve finally managed to put together a little demo of the bass. Please ignore the buzzing at the beginning - I think there is a ground connection issue with my Ditto looper pedal - and also my sloppy playing, but it’s not the bass!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nensch7v4i4fjh/KSD6 Looper Demo.mov?dl=0

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, slapierro said:

HI can you answer please for the strings spacing at the bridge?

Can you send by shipping too?

String spacing is 18-18.5mm adjustable. I’m happy to pack the bass for shipping if you pay in advance and arrange a courier to collect. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, k-sad said:

Weight? 

It’s 5.5kg so definitely no featherweight, but not ridiculous for a six string version of a Jazz - those heavier ash bodies are a part of what makes that 70s Jazz sound (many of the original late 70s Jazzes around around 5kg for a four string).