Why become a member? ×

Gibson G3 ****SOLD****
£1000

Gary Williams

I think I bought this on here around 2011 after liking my new Gibson Ripper so much.

This G3 was a huge surprise for me as it has the best slap tone I have ever heard and I am going to really  miss that...

There are some images of Louis Johnson slapping one of these if you check on Google.

Very very light bass - 3.6kg (7.9lbs) mainly due the huge cutout under the very large pickguard.

Original hard case and case candy included.

Small amount of lacquer wear around the 3rd/4th fret.

Ideally I don't really want to post this item as I have had my fingers burnt a few times now with guitars being damaged while being shipped.

I am based in West Sussex but prepared to meet up at a mutually convenient place to hand over to the new owner.

NO TRADES please

I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Any questions, just ask.

DSC_5386.JPG

DSC_5387.JPG

DSC_5388.JPG

DSC_5390.JPG

DSC_5391.JPG

DSC_5392.JPG

DSC_5393.JPG

DSC_5394.JPG

DSC_5395.JPG

DSC_5396.JPG

DSC_5397.JPG

DSC_5399.JPG

DSC_5400.JPG

DSC_5402.JPG

DSC_5416.JPG

Edited by Gary Williams
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that.  A '77?  Wow!  It is in remarkable condition if so.  The serial (I looked it up subsequently) offers up as either '76 or '05.  It has more the look of a 15 yr old rather than a 42 yr old!  Not that the age is desperately important.  

I had no plans to get another 4 string but this has got me thinking.  I'll sleep on it and if it is still here in the morning will let you know.

Well this is all sounding most fortuitous!

Not that I am counting my chickens, but I will be in The Essex Riviera on Wednesday lunchtime dropping my Status Empathy off at Rob's!

It's the Gibson G3's destiny I tell you!

:0)

22 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Thanks for that.  A '77?  Wow!  It is in remarkable condition if so.  The serial (I looked it up subsequently) offers up as either '76 or '05.  It has more the look of a 15 yr old rather than a 42 yr old!  Not that the age is desperately important.  

I had no plans to get another 4 string but this has got me thinking.  I'll sleep on it and if it is still here in the morning will let you know.

I guess I was told at some stage when I bought it that it was a 1977 but I could be wrong...