Why become a member? ×

Is old PA gear worth the effort of selling?

NoRhino

We have an old PA in storage and we haven't used it for ages.  Not expecting much by way of cash when we sell it but is it even worth the effort of advertising it for sale? 

It's Peavey Hi-sis  12 tops and Hi-sis 15 bins plus a rack mounted power amp + mixer.   All too heavy for us to lug around now.

Ta.

As long as you're prepared to be realistic on the pricing, then why not? There are still a few people out there who prefer older heavier gear, and whatever you get for it is going to be better than leaving it to fester somewhere until it's time for the tip/landfill. FWIW, those Peavey cabs always sounded okay, so someone might even buy them to use the drivers for spares. Power amp and mixer could also find a new home in a rehearsal studio maybe, or a charity run music centre for young people etc?

We passed ours on to some young folks just starting out. They paid a small amount for the full rig, but we were happy to see it put to use and to help the youngsters out. We began gigging at 15, and now in our 60's can still remember how tough it was to get gear together for a full band... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the 90's we hired Peavey PA's a lot. For us they were great. Heavy but I was much younger then and we got them cheaper if we mucked in. I'm not particularly bothered about having a "modern sound", if one really exists? Unfortunately, for you, Peavey are no longer appreciated in that manner to some extent. I got offered tops, mids and bass cabs plus amps for free off a family member a few years ago but turned them down due to lack of storage. Still great gear but has to be realistically priced I suppose. An install,would be ideal.