Why become a member? ×

SOLD Yamaha SBV
£500

udo

New lower price £450 425 now.

I don't know much about this bass, got it of ebay the other week really just to give it a spin. I put TI Jazz flats on it and it sounds good, a nice passive thumb to it now.

I am not 100% convinced thought that it is what I want or need. The bass is in superb cosmetic condition for its age, no chips or dings/dongs.

My bathroom scale says it's just below 4kg.

With a thin strap it has a bit of neckdive, not much, but since I mostly play with a plec it is not ideal for me.

I am not 100% convinced to sell it, but if anyone is dying to get their hands on one of these :)

I paid £500 and look for a similar amount. 

I am based in SE London if anyone wants to take a closer look at this one.

Cheers, 

Udo

IMG_20190219_081533.jpg

IMG_20190219_081551.jpg

IMG_20190219_081559.jpg

IMG_20190219_081606.jpg

IMG_20190219_081619.jpg

IMG_20190219_081631.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
topic title reinstated
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

How old is it please? And where was it made? Thanks.

I have no idea. I got it from fleabay with no further information about its history. I'll try to find out with the serial number when it is from.

I'd be surprised if it was as old as AndyTravis  said, because it is in such good shape.

Okay thanks, no worries. As you stated it was in "superb cosmetic condition for its age" I assumed you had an idea of how old it is. It must be a fair age as looking at others the scratchplate would've started out white to match the pups. Really unusual bass; I've never seen one before your ad.

Edited by Sparky Mark

3 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

Okay thanks, no worries. As you stated it was in "superb cosmetic condition for its age" I assumed you had an idea of how old it is. It must be a fair age as looking at others the scratchplate would've started out white to match the pups. Really unusual bass; I've never seen one before your ad.

So, according to this webpage http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-guitars/802/4095 it should be Made in Taiwan, on May 6th 2000 and is unit number 259. 

Unless I got the system completely wrong.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Skezza said:

what is the scale length on these?

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

34” on the modern reissue (think 31.5 or 30.5 on the original 60’s ones)

that's it, I measured 17 inch from the nut to the 12th fret.

Edited by udo

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...