Why become a member? ×

Boss GT-1B bass synth

Rogerio Freitas

Not really, the synth section on the unit is very limited and (as it is replaces the bass signal rather than augmenting it) has fairly poor tracking. That said, when covering something material girl I would use and OC-2 or similar to get close. The GT-1b has a great OC-2 sound. If you solo the -1 octave, add a bit if compression and maybe a bit of filter and you’ll get in the ballpark.

If you really want to sound like an analogue synth, best thing to do is (as said by so many in the know on this forum) get an analogue synth. Something like a Novation bass station 2 or Moog little phatty will easily cover 80’s style synths like you mention above.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 18/02/2019 at 14:57, Rogerio Freitas said:

Hello to all. 
Is it possible to recreate the bass synth sound of the 80's songs like Madonna, Communards, Pet Shop Boys, etc. on the GT-1B?
Thanks

Boa noite Mr. Freitas!

Yes, indeed recreations are always possible through possibilities. As music has no barriers you freely achieve much more with the GT1b synth approachments. Here some of my personal experiments from it. I acquired mine last week.

gt1b__ (1).mp3gt1b__ (2).mp3gt1b__ (3).mp3gt1b__ (4).mp3gt1b__ (5).mp3gt1b__ (6).mp3gt1b__ (7).mp3gt1b__ (8).mp3gt1b__ (9).mp3gt1b__ (10).mp3gt1b__ (11).mp3gt1b__ (12).mp3