Why become a member? ×

NPD - BrightOnion Router

Jack

Buenos,

You know when a company is just really, really good at a certain thing? Well, I never miss the chance to recommend Bright Onion Pedals to anyone who wants any kind of pedal that isn't a pedal. They do amazing work with buffers, loopers, AB switches, killswitches, amp footswitches, all of that kind of stuff. I've had a few of their products over the years, including two micro buffers and an ab switch. Anyway, I wanted the AB Pedal with Loop, Buffer and Tuner Mute as I thought it was about 90% of what I wanted in a pedalboard hub/brain/router thing. Don't get me wrong, it would've been great as was, but I would have preferred it slightly differently. Just before I ordered, I got in touch with James and asked if was possible to make some changes to the pedal. I wanted the switches rearranged, I wanted the tuner output always active, and I didn't see the point in turning the buffer off. Just personal preference stuff. After a few emails we came up with this. Please excuse my shocking photography.

KLGkyVDoIaI4YpsLn_LqPKbGPqoKKFactZ0M1fpX

FNgcSW5RfpUDXMZtZZ21Cjh4Jg5VtraWdLbV5a58

t-4w2QZxs26jTtBZbEXESG6rldRAgH_KeqMz0fxI

The bottom right switch controls the A/B input, then the signal goes to a buffer, then the top right switch controls an effects loop on the top. After that the signal is split, with both the output on the side and the one on the top being turned on or off by a switch each. I'm using this to have an always-on tuner, all I have to do is turn 'Output A' off and I can tune silently but obviously there's all sort of cool setups like dual amps or whatever. And the extra cost of my custom options? £0. That's right, James redesigned the labels, changed the internal layout and everything, all for free. So that's a grand total of £85 for a central pedalboard router that's hand made in England with customisable LED colours all round, all as standard.

Please, I can't recommend BrightOnion enough, go buy something cool from them! (Standard disclaimers, not an employee, no financial gain, etc etc.)

4 hours ago, Jack said:

Buenos,

You know when a company is just really, really good at a certain thing? Well, I never miss the chance to recommend Bright Onion Pedals to anyone who wants any kind of pedal that isn't a pedal. They do amazing work with buffers, loopers, AB switches, killswitches, amp footswitches, all of that kind of stuff. I've had a few of their products over the years, including two micro buffers and an ab switch. Anyway, I wanted the AB Pedal with Loop, Buffer and Tuner Mute as I thought it was about 90% of what I wanted in a pedalboard hub/brain/router thing. Don't get me wrong, it would've been great as was, but I would have preferred it slightly differently. Just before I ordered, I got in touch with James and asked if was possible to make some changes to the pedal. I wanted the switches rearranged, I wanted the tuner output always active, and I didn't see the point in turning the buffer off. Just personal preference stuff. After a few emails we came up with this. Please excuse my shocking photography.

KLGkyVDoIaI4YpsLn_LqPKbGPqoKKFactZ0M1fpX

FNgcSW5RfpUDXMZtZZ21Cjh4Jg5VtraWdLbV5a58

t-4w2QZxs26jTtBZbEXESG6rldRAgH_KeqMz0fxI

The bottom right switch controls the A/B input, then the signal goes to a buffer, then the top right switch controls an effects loop on the top. After that the signal is split, with both the output on the side and the one on the top being turned on or off by a switch each. I'm using this to have an always-on tuner, all I have to do is turn 'Output A' off and I can tune silently but obviously there's all sort of cool setups like dual amps or whatever. And the extra cost of my custom options? £0. That's right, James redesigned the labels, changed the internal layout and everything, all for free. So that's a grand total of £85 for a central pedalboard router that's hand made in England with customisable LED colours all round, all as standard.

Please, I can't recommend BrightOnion enough, go buy something cool from them! (Standard disclaimers, not an employee, no financial gain, etc etc.)

Very cool! And totally my experience too with pretty much the same pedal. 

I wanted a volume control so could balance the inputs and didn’t need the fx buffer to be switchable. Quick discussion - adjustments noted - final price = same! :) I love it and all for £85. Go BOP!!! Another very happy customer! 

76D8B482-A069-4457-9C47-54659D69DF58.jpeg

While looking at these boards, I see a variety of markings, like those tapes. What could be the ultimate way of setting (and sometimes, forgetting) all parameters? I do use a paint pen (not fluorescent, though) and put small dots to the pedals. These help, too: https://www.thomann.de/gb/stompshield_the_stompshield_kit.htm   I heard about a 3D-printed cage, sort of: https://www.apatura.fi/shop.html  What's available in the market?