Why become a member? ×

Flea Bass Riff Contest

ChrisLovatt

Evenin' all, 

So there's a contest going on right now on Instagram to win one of Flea's new signature active basses, just wondering if anyone else is participating/heard of it?

The bass looks interesting, not something I'd pay £1500 for but its worth a shot, had a lot of fun writing my version

I suspect that a lot of the entries will be much more interesting that what he played there... which might actually be the point!

I don't get his constant quest to play something that resembles a Stingray, without being a Stingray :D 

I'd just take a Stingray and modify it to taste. Well, that's probably what his Modulus was, to be fair.

Having said that, I'm a fan. I like how there's never "this is the ultimate". Tastes change, and he does different things on different basses, even using a Precision in some cases... 

14 minutes ago, mcnach said:

I suspect that a lot of the entries will be much more interesting that what he played there... which might actually be the point!

I don't get his constant quest to play something that resembles a Stingray, without being a Stingray :D 

I'd just take a Stingray and modify it to taste. Well, that's probably what his Modulus was, to be fair.

Having said that, I'm a fan. I like how there's never "this is the ultimate". Tastes change, and he does different things on different basses, even using a Precision in some cases... 

Yeah some of the entries are pretty cool, I spent about 2 weeks writing mine haha

And I guess Fender want to keep him on brand so they make pretty much whatever he wants

• Like 1