• Red
    • Something else (please specify!)
    • White - plain / vintage / olympic / cream
    • White - gloss ('LA teeth')
    • Wine (burgundy)
    • Wood - natural
    • Yellow

3 hours ago, Donnyboy said:

I voted Red but only if it's Fiesta Red... with a maple neck and white scratchplate

I think I've already changed my mind 3 or 4 times ...

Thank goodness for that - back on topic!

Thank you, sir

PS you're wrong, you know. If it's red, it has to be a nice, heavily-flaked candy apple red.....

Edited by Skinnyman

2 hours ago, Bassassin said:

Since this discussion has moved on - my Abba tribute band is called AbbaRation. We combine the genius of Sweden's two foremost musical exports, by performing the songs of Abba in the style of late 90s Opeth.

This is (almost) true - I've spent many an hour enthusiastically discussing this idea with a like-minded drummer friend. It will happen, one day...

Do it, Bassassin! :tatice_03:

On 16/02/2019 at 20:33, Osiris said:

I don't really have a favourite colour as such, I tend to judge each instrument on its individual merits. But anything turdburst is fundamentally wrong and should be cleansed with fire. So I'd probably have to say all of the above as long as it doesn't like a dirty protest 😀

More popular than black(!) - it seems the 'burst brigade' are losing their collective fear of the underworld gods and are now venturing out into the light, and burst is three times as popular as red!

On the subject of red, that colour really should be reserved for Fender Strats IMO - although one of my basses actually comes perilously close to bearing that hue, despite it's maker describing it loosely as 'honey'; it's saving grace being that it's a neck through and, of course, plenty of bling hardware and, oh yes, a spare string for each of the four in case any of them breaks 😀...

Schecter II.jpg

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 2

Is this thread still going? 😄 

We all know what the answer is now, though, right? 

We have a lot of wood for au naturelle 

White catches the light even if it's off

There something dark and dandy about black 🖤 although there's been a late burst to catch the sunset. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Is this thread still going? 😄 

We all know what the answer is now, though, right? 

We have a lot of wood for au naturelle 

White catches the light even if it's off

There something dark and dandy about black 🖤 although there's been a late burst to catch the sunset. 

Clear winner - Sparkly with stripes. Hands down. :D

CAR. 

Cannot Abide Red. Not even in as part of a 3-tone sunburst. No pillar-box fire engine red for me on any bass, ever, ever, EVER!! Much too garish.

Now deep wine red...different kettle of fish. Once had a Shergold Marathon Fretless in that colour; very fine bass. Shouldn't have traded my Jazz for it, but anyway....

Favourite colours? Surf Green. Daphne Blue. Orange is good, as is Aztec Gold. Y'know - them cool colours.

• Like 1