• Red
    • Something else (please specify!)
    • White - plain / vintage / olympic / cream
    • White - gloss ('LA teeth')
    • Wine (burgundy)
    • Wood - natural
    • Yellow

7 hours ago, Bassassin said:

Are you trying to suggest this isn't a naturally occurring tonal variation?

b2a01.thumb.jpg.9c9cfd7c85c4d15bba4a90b11b655f82.jpg

I could be pedantic and point out that black & white are not in fact colours, they are the absence of colour - but y'know - that's just not my style at all. :P

I like this.  I have a B2A in black and a Steinberger Spirit X25 in White.  There's something different about the bridge on this image... is that a modification or a later option?

1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

I like this.  I have a B2A in black and a Steinberger Spirit X25 in White.  There's something different about the bridge on this image... is that a modification or a later option?

Actually the opposite - this is a first-gen Hohner B2A from 1985 & that's the hardware the early ones had. It originally had the "Licensed By Steinberger" script paint-stamped on the top plate. I think the versions with the lettering cast into the metal were a couple of years later. I also have a Cort headless with the same bridge as this.

• Thanks 1

I think I've got 14ish natural basses and no painted ones - the three Seis are lacquered though. Apart from liking the look, an unlacquered natural bass doesn't show the minor knocks that knock chips off painted basses. I sold an immaculate black Hohner B2AV and replaced it with a natural one because I knew it would get chipped eventually.

5 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

That's brilliant. And they are the perfect match for each other! I take it that the picture is one of your promo shots? You look gooooodddd

Yep - thats a promo shot for my ABBA tribute band - ABBAtrois - we rehearse in a slaughter house ;)

Aye thank yooo!

(courtesy of Darren Wlash, Edinburgh Fringe 2016)

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

My Abba tribute is called "Abba in Cardigans". Which is cool, because it also attracts unwitting Cardigans fans. 😉

If I listen to more than 5 minutes of your ABBA tribute band, I get Stockholm Syndrome! :(

• Haha 1

Since this discussion has moved on - my Abba tribute band is called AbbaRation. We combine the genius of Sweden's two foremost musical exports, by performing the songs of Abba in the style of late 90s Opeth.

This is (almost) true - I've spent many an hour enthusiastically discussing this idea with a like-minded drummer friend. It will happen, one day...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3