• Something else (please specify!)
    • White - plain / vintage / olympic / cream
    • White - gloss ('LA teeth')
    • Wine (burgundy)
    • Wood - natural
    • Yellow

4 minutes ago, Teebs said:

Ricky, your choice of terminology is a little, erm, colourful. :D

However, my preference is based purely on aesthetic criteria.

Also, it's not a RickenTractor :D

:P

In the 1950s, Rickenbacker made clear acrylic guitars for a country band, with working coloured lights molded inside!

I don't have a picture on the internet, but there's one in my "Observer's Book of Priceless Rickenbacker Guitars".

IIRC it was two guitars and a bass - sadly they were stolen soon after they were made.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ricky 4000 said:

In the 1950s, Rickenbacker made clear acrylic guitars for a country band, with working coloured lights molded inside!

I don't have a picture on the internet, but there's one in my "Observer's Book of Priceless Rickenbacker Guitars".

IIRC it was two guitars and a bass - sadly they were stolen soon after they were made.

Good knowledge! :)

They sound cool! :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Bleedin’ youf today, got no bleedin’ manners...national service’d sort ‘em out but the gumment’s too bleedin’ soft, ‘ole damn’ country’s gone ter the dogs....

And that Teebs, he’s the ringleader. Always cheekin’ and answerin’ back....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Right, young man. That's it. Now you say sorry or you're off to bed right now with no more Basschat.

D'you hear me? Hmm? Do you? Don't make me come up there....

Daddy?? 😖

Akshlly, I don't know why we react to Teebs. You know he's a clever algorithm right?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Skinnyman said:

Bleedin’ youf today, got no bleedin’ manners...national service’d sort ‘em out but the gumment’s too bleedin’ soft, ‘ole damn’ country’s gone ter the dogs....

And that Teebs, he’s the ringleader. Always cheekin’ and answerin’ back....

Firstly: no

Second: yes

Third: maybe

:D

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Aren't they the 'Lightshow' ones or something like that? If so I'm sure young Mr. Entwistle owned one. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Maude said:

Aren't they the 'Lightshow' ones or something like that? If so I'm sure young Mr. Entwistle owned one. 

Yes! That rings a bell, Mr Maude. 👍

edit: Darn it, this one's sold out: https://www.guitarbroker.com/product/1980-rickenbacker-4005l-lightshow-bass/

Edited by Ricky 4000

13 minutes ago, Teebs said:

Thanks for the 'clever' bit, but I'm afraid you're mistaken :(

Thick as a shovel, me.

I've got your number, robot boy ... every 11 posts, you automatically post this:

:on_the_quiet:

Which must reset your logic circuit... that was fixed in the T35 droids, so you are probably a T34-B.

Start insult generator / level=3:

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

End /

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, ped said:

Needs a ‘natural’ option :)

Well that seems to have been by far the most glaring omission from the original list and which now seems to be edging ahead...

I've spoken to a couple of my BC buddies and we have NO idea what colour 'pie' is, so no doubt I'm about to learn something new!

As promised, post last night's '60th wig-party' gig (someone put a Slash wig on our guitarist when we were finishing up with Sweet Child - lol!) I've added a 'plain' white option to keep BRX happy (is that possible?)

14 hours ago, Bassassin said:

As far as choosing a favourite is concerned though, I'm struggling. I really am a complete sucker for a natural finish through-neck. But I suppose "stripy" isn't a colour... :ph34r:

+1^^ you and me both!!! (Although given that stripey isn't a colour, vintage white got my vote). Half my current herd are neck through :) 

I do wish Ibby or Yammy would consider doing a neck through in their modern 5 string SR or BB ranges respectively (they used to 'back in the day'). They would have me parting with cash in an instant! 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 1