Why become a member? ×

Band Banners - is there such a thing as? YES! 😁

redbandit599

On 16/02/2019 at 01:47, redbandit599 said:

Hi

Quite fancy some band bannerage, but rarely play venues with enough space to hang a back drop properly. 

I just had a thought, for pub type gigs, is there anything like a banner you could hang from the bottom of your PA cabs? Vertical hanging things to sort of frame the band and get the name shown without taking up valuable space for drunken punters?

Cheers 

@TimAl on here makes banners that fit over Cabs, so maybe something to cover your PA speakers?

https://www.speaker.graphics/

8 minutes ago, Gottastopbuyinggear said:

Either you’re on a multi-band gig, or your guitarists have each brought at least three amps and your drummer has forgotten to change his scrim.  Mind you, going by our guitarist and drummer that’s probably quite possible 😁

Honestly I could barely move my feet! It was a multi band thing and they all seem to have brought as many shoddy guitar practice amps as possible with them to "decorate" the stage

On 17/02/2019 at 17:25, redbandit599 said:

I've found a handy little built in bolt hole in the bottom of my RCF pa cabs. I reckon if I can get a couple of T shaped flat metal bars cut, stick them in a fold sewn into a banner, then pop the leg of the T out through a hole  I can just bolt my hanging banners under the cabs..

Think this idea might have legs!

Just hang a banner straight across the stage from each of the speakers. Go for the air of mystery.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, redbandit599 said:

To answer my original question that started this thread - There is now!!!

Just finished knocking this up and I'm rather pleased with how it has turned out.

That is very neat.  What did you do to get that?

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I had the banners made up by a place local to me as they had to be a bespoke size.

I  then cut a T shape from some Aluminium sheet and drilled a hole in it for a bolt through into the nut that is already moulded into the bottom of the RCF cab.

The banner Velcro to the T shape and job done.

I couldn't find anything ready made out there.

1 minute ago, redbandit599 said:

Thanks. I had the banners made up by a place local to me as they had to be a bespoke size.

I  then cut a T shape from some Aluminium sheet and drilled a hole in it for a bolt through into the nut that is already moulded into the bottom of the RCF cab.

The banner Velcro to the T shape and job done.

I couldn't find anything ready made out there.

Any chance you might be able to take a pic of the business end of things?  I really like this idea.  Saves the whole floor space footprint problems and always faces the front!

Here's one of Tim's cab covers from speaker.graphics, which I recently had made. Got it installed late last week and had it out for the weekend's gigs. Very handy for getting the band name seen in places where it's awkward or impractical to put up the backdrop. Commented on favourably by all and sundry, too.

The design incorporates the 4x10 speakers, so it's all printed on the vinyl mesh (i.e. those aren't the real speakers you can see, just a picture of them). Installation was pretty straightforward with a bit of double sided tape, and the grille screws, which on the MB cab have flat heads. A little bit of non-flatness around the screws, which it would be very hard to avoid. Otherwise, thoroughly recommended for £35 all in.

I'll send Tim some pics once we get into a venue where I can get better ones. :)

20190316_210520.jpg

• Like 3

On 17/03/2019 at 09:22, redbandit599 said:

Will do. I've got to make another one, so leave it with me and I'll update the thread with photos over the next day or so.😁

Out of interest which RCF cab model are you using? We've got the 310As so I'm hoping we'll be able to do something similar to your excellent set up. 

Edited by Al Krow

7 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Out of interest which RCF cab model are you using? We've got the 310As so I'm hoping we'll be able to do something similar to your excellent set up. 

Mine are 325AS - I suspect you'll be fine. Have a look underneath, you may see a little round sticker. The bolt hole is under that. They are on the top and sides too, I think for hanging applications. Mine are an M10 thread.

I've actually worked out a way to do the same for cabs without the bolt hole of for when we keep the cabs in their cases.

Nearly finished Mk3, will share soon!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, redbandit599 said:

I have thought about that, no idea where to start with the registering of a design/idea etc or even if I could 🤔

Thanks very much, looks ok from the front  the bracket itself is a product of a bodger with a hacksaw and a drill!

I have wondered about if I should try and register it or something and then see if any of the manufacturers are interested.  No idea really about how or if I could register it though. 🤔

19 minutes ago, redbandit599 said:

I have thought about that, no idea where to start with the registering of a design/idea etc or even if I could 🤔

Feel free to work out what you think would be a fair price and providing it's reasonable I'd be more than happy to support a fellow BCer in a creative venture / buy from you. Not least as we're also using RCFs.

My sense is that if you can organise and coordinate the whole thing in terms of getting banners made you'll be able to capture more of the value. Probably also worth setting up a fBook page when you've got your thoughts together?

Edited by Al Krow
  • Thanks 1