Why become a member? ×

Tal Wilkenfeld

Old Man Riva

It reminds me of something Alanis Morrisette would have done around jagged little pill.

Also a bit of Chris Cornell’s solo stuff.

not offensive in the slightest.

Just glad I didn’t have to suffer Jeff Beck to listen to her playing bass. She sounds good.

I made some negative digs at her once (early doors about 2010) in a thread; I’ve matured and glad I’m a bit more open minded these days.

That precision is lovely too - late 60’s/early 70’s

1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

It reminds me of something Alanis Morrisette would have done around jagged little pill.

Also a bit of Chris Cornell’s solo stuff.

not offensive in the slightest.

Just glad I didn’t have to suffer Jeff Beck to listen to her playing bass. She sounds good.

I made some negative digs at her once (early doors about 2010) in a thread; I’ve matured and glad I’m a bit more open minded these days.

That precision is lovely too - late 60’s/early 70’s

I was going to say chris cornell. similar kind of phrasing. reminiscent of cave in as well. 

I like it. 

Edited by Stu-khag

On 16/02/2019 at 13:26, Dazed said:

Quite like that. Wasn’t she a Sadowsky player previously?

Yup, and EBS amps / cabs

Just check her at Ronnie Scotts with Jeff Beck on yootoob

I loved Killing Me. Great voice too.  She's got class IMO

Hmmm... :/

Pleasant enough (and certainly no worse as a singing voice than many who claim it as their primary skill) - I mean, if it was playing in a cafe I was frequenting I wouldn't feel the need to leave - but not really my cuppa I'm afraid.

My fault no doubt. I've always enjoyed her bass playing (even in the midst of the minor civil war that broke out on Talkbass a while back as i recall), but I found this a bit underwhelming. Sorry. :(

15 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Each to their own LBM

What was the mini riot on TB about ?

I can't remember the details now (it was some years ago), but it all got a bit tribal as I recall. I'll see if I can dig something up but no promises.

Update: I can't find anything of the vintage I have in mind, but as recently as November last year a thread on Wilkenfeld got closed within 3 pages. Some were talking about her playing skill as a guide to her achievements; others were talking about her looks... :/

Edited by leftybassman392