Why become a member? ×

castors for cabs

skidder652003

After fairly extensive  "research" regarding castors for my newly aquired Peavey TNT 130, I've ordered these at the very reasonable price of £9.99 for 4 x 75mm heavy duty castors (2 locking).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rubber-Swivel-Castor-Trolley-Furniture/dp/B017GLNHEG/ref=ya_st_pd_dx_rtpb_1/261-6008427-0212113?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B017GLNHEG&pd_rd_r=c055cf77-3be2-48d3-898f-9e77e4272889&pd_rd_w=k8Sjz&pd_rd_wg=hydxd&psc=1&refRID=019FPN5D5XCCQ4T62AXK

I'll fit them over the weekend (come with bolts apparently) and post on what I think of them a bit later.

• Like 1

Very decent price. Did you not consider castors with plates and four screw holes for fixing to the underside of the cab? Possibly a bit less intrusive than having to drill through and get a nut onto the threaded pillar from inside. Or have I misinterpreted the fixing method?

ok have fitted them, pretty sturdy, came with bolts as well. However only downside is they are NOT rubberised wheels, rather hard plastic which will be fine for carpet and wooden floors but not pavements etc..Its not a problem really as I use a sack truck most times anyway, but I'd probably look for rubber wheels next time, they are however excellnt value for money and come with 2 locking wheels in a set of 4.

blob.png.c625613959eb49a9da661fe58ecf63b6.png

wheels.zip

Edited by skidder652003
  • Like 1

I've done the same to any cabs or combos i;ve owned that have weighed a fair bit. I definately went for rubber,  otherwise they're mentally loud on  pavements and concrete.  I used the the style with mount plate and 4 screw holes, as they're a doddle to fit. 75mm is a good choice for size too.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grenadillabama said:

I did the same as fleabag , with 4 wide screws through a mount plate. Over the years I have found that 4" wheels will go over bumps and cords easier. I like the mounts all the way to the front edge and back edge of the cabinet so it will be harder to tip over.

I always found screws tend to come loose, hence why I prefer bolts, but if it works for you, great! 

Wheels had to be placed a little off the edge of the cab in order to get the bolts into the body of the cab, makes it a little less stable though, you're right.