Why become a member? ×

New G&L Fullerton Deluxe P and J basses

BassApprentice

44 minutes ago, Graham said:

The Tributes use the same pickups as the USA models, but the hardware is different.

However, I don't think there is a Tribute LB-100 unfortunately.

Yes, the white/black with rosewood fretboard is 449 from Andertons. Done in 3 colourways.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/lb-series-basses/g-l-tribute-lb-100-bass-in-olympic-white-3-ply-black-pickguard-vintage-tint-gloss-neck-with-brazilian-cherry-fingerboard

Edited by Paddy515
xtra info

5 hours ago, Paddy515 said:

Well. That's a bit awesome.

Don`t get to excited by "we can order this from our supplier." Nothing against Andertons but I tried to order a Tribute version of the Jazz bass from GG and after a week they came back and said that they didn`t have a clue when or if they could ever get one for me. I have just checked their website and it still says available to order!

Someone at the G&L importer or GG`s online store needs to get their act together.

On 16/02/2019 at 12:55, Cuzzie said:

With an L2k you can fit a 3 point DPDT switch and require so you can really select front and back coils of each pick up for more versatility.

My L2500 has a 3 way Quad switch, so it has Parallel, Single coils and series both. Probably a bad mistake, it is too versatile and I can never remember what the settings are!

Its a shame they don't do their Vs as a tribute, Would love to try an SB2 to see what the neck is like though.

13 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

Someone at the G&L importer or GG`s online store needs to get their act together.

DV247 have them in stock in the blue, or a return in the sunburst, if you mean the traditional JB look one.

Edited by Woodinblack

14 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

DV247 have them in stock in the blue, or a return in the sunburst, if you mean the traditional JB look one.

Ta for that. That is a JB 2 model which I had before and is really nice but the one I was looking for was the JB 3 model. Familiar Jazz looks with a maple neck. But they have a really nice LB 100 in DV247.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180807330996008--gl-tribute-jb-3-tone-sunburst-black-pickguard-mn

Edited by jezzaboy

• 1 month later...

Well, since I last posted in February - I went back to PMT today and the sunburst JB was still there (assume it’s the same one).

I tried it out, was really well put together, felt ok - needed a setup really badly (I used to check basses when I worked in a shop, maybe that’s not a thing anymore).

Did it feel like a £1500 bass, well...no. I’d probably spend some time trying Fender 60’s Classic lacquer or Roadworn basses and chuck some CS pickups in.

the thing that bothered me was the saddles didn’t look like they had much travel left in them, and the action up at the top frets was higher than I would’ve liked, and from frets 1-7 Felt “ok” - a tweak of the truss rod might introduce buzzing down near the nut, and then there wouldn’t be much to go at for the body end.

i didn’t ask if I could set it up. 

I then tried a CS precision which was more expensive but felt a lot more special. But also in dire need of a tweak.

The PA lad was nice and helpful, although he did that plug in and slap thing...🙄