Why become a member? ×

SOLD Sandberg California II TT4 jazz style bass in excellent condition
£700

ead

Sandberg California II TT4 Bass Made in Germany

This is a very reluctant sale.  This is the new shape California II in TT configuration, essentially an active/passive Jazz bass.  Good as this bass is, I tend to gig with ACGs so it's a little neglected, not getting the use it surely should.

The pickups are Bartolini B-Axis pickups, more details can be found here:  https://bartolini.net/product/j44j/  These are essentially hum-cancelling “J” pickups and produce a nice rich sound.

This high quality German-made Sandberg bass is around 3 years old and is in excellent condition as I hope the pictures show.

I would prefer to arrange some kind of delivery / collection / meet up if at all possible.  I'm pretty flexible and willing to travel a bit if necessary.  Courier would be the last resort and will be at cost to you.

These basses have an MRSP of €1,700 so do grab yourself a bargain!

Features/Specifications:

·        Ash body with Maple neck, 22 frets plus a zero fret

·        Ebony board

·        Light at just over 8 lbs in weight (3.7kg)

·        Fabulous neck with a 38mm nut width and a satin finish, so beautiful to move around on

·        High quality Sandberg black hardware with lightweight tuners

·        Natural satin finish on the body; also slightly unusual I guess as most of the natural basses seem to be in high gloss

·        Unmarked as far as I can see

·        2-band EQ with active/passive option.  The treble control acts as a tone control in passive mode

·        Comes with the high quality Sandberg gig bag and tools

If you have any questions at all, or require additional pictures of any details please ask away and I give as comprehensive an answer as I am able.

Edited by ead
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Salotti said:

Is the fingerboard a little “dirty” or the quality of the pics is kiddin’ me?

I saw that when I posted the pics.  I has been played not just left in it's case, but doesn't look like that to the naked eye.  It looks like it won't be here long, but I'll give the board some tlc.

33 minutes ago, Meypelnek said:

Do you know what pubs are in there? Looks like Nordstrand. Thanks. 

The p/ups are Bartolini B Axis per the description above.  There's a link to the product page there too.

• ped locked this topic