Why become a member? ×

Scott Devine Overwater

TheGreek

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OVERWATER-5-STRING-BASS-GUITAR-UNIQUE-Scott-Devine-s-Own-Custom-Built-Bass/192823401762?hash=item2ce52b9d22:g:3~QAAOSwOc5cYvmy

I was a bit suspicious of this so contacted Chris who confirmed that this is Scott's bass.

As far as I can see - all the info’ in the eBay ad’ is correct. As I remember we made a couple of basses similar to this - one for Scott and one for Geoff Chalmers. The passive electronics look original - but if you wanted to upgrade to an active pre-amp, we’d be happy to do this and add an flip top battery compartment.. 

However - if you’re outside the UK - be aware, it looks as though it has a Rosewood fingerboard, which now has a CITES Appendix ll restriction with regard to international shipping… 

If you have any further questions - just let me know.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Chris May

Overwater Basses
Atlas Works . Nelson Street . Carlisle . CA2 5NB . UK
T: +44 (0)1228 590591
M: +44 (0)7708 102494
E: [email protected]
W: www.overwaterbasses.com

hmmm .... stick an East P Retro in that and it would be a lovely bass indeed.   On the other hand our fellow forumite Oldman will sell you a twin pickup active overwater (with an extra inch of neck) for much the same price.  Tempted, been thinking about a 5-string ... but yet another boutique bass,  shouldn't,  not really ..... but still ....