Why become a member? ×

New Zoom GCE-3

BanjoChris

https://www.zoom.co.jp/products/production-recording/audio-interfaces/gce-3-guitar-lab-circuit-emulator

I'm the owner of a G3n which I use for guitar & bass recording & practice and was thinking of buying a B3n or an alternative for bass.

However the Zoom GCE-3 looks like a brilliant alternative as it can use all the patches from the G3n and the B3n. And it supports DAW usb recording which neither the G3n or B3n do.

No good for live use of course as there's no other outputs or working foot switches.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite interested in this - as a bedroom bassist live use isn't too much of an issue. I've also got limited desk space so having every effect available for twiddling at my finger tips could be handy.

But then again - if I just got a B3n you can use the software editor and have it on the floor for not too much more money. Clever idea by Zoom though.

Wait, I completely missed the major issue

On 14/02/2019 at 13:23, BanjoChris said:

No good for live use of course as there's no other outputs or working foot switches.

Wait, I misunderstood what you meant. The screen and buttons on the front don't do anything. It's purely a box.

Ok, wasn't what I thought at all.