Why become a member? ×

Peavey Foundations on eBay

WHUFC BASS

I saw the T20 whilst I was looking at the Foundations. Interesting looking basses. I've had Peavey USA made guitars and the workmanship really is top notch. For the money I can't think of a better bass, certainly a USA made bass. The T40s are legendary and command high prices, even if they do weigh the combined weight of every sumo wrestler in Japan.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not surprised none of those Foundations sold. Over-priced for the UK market, different story over in America.

@fleabag

Your memory is correct,those are single coils.mid 90's Peavey were getting pickups from Korea and to cut costs further used the same shells,this has lead to folks claiming mid 90's Foundations have VFL pickups.

They don't, VFLs are active pickups.

@Bassassin

The T20 didn't last too long. It got a reshape and was renamed the Fury. More confusion followed when later Furys got skinny jazz necks and standard split-P pickup,Poplar bodies too.

My old T20 is beat to hell but weighs just 9lb,a lightweight compared to my 10.5lb 1st gen Fury. If you fancy trying one,drop me a line.

@WHUFC BASS

ebay sold listings give £400 to £550 as the price range for T40s,not such a high price tag for a legendary bass. Owning 4 of them you can bet I wish folks payed Reverb prices 😃