Why become a member? ×

Some music just sounds best in the car!

Barking Spiders

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Do they allow you to do the course more than once. Don't think we get that option up in Scotland cause we're a bad lot up here.xD

I’ve never been offered one. On the spot fine every time !

On 13/02/2019 at 12:18, jazzmanb said:

Horses Courses,

they all sound better on my Arcam/ProAc  Hifi set up

23 hours ago, ubit said:

You need a better sound system in your house then mate!

I visit the Pro-Ac production facility every six weeks with my day job and have spent plenty of time in their demo room. Absolutely glorious speakers and without doubt way better than anything you could recreate in a car. Top class gear.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

I make my own music in my car, I don't need anyone else's soundtrack, my car has one of its own :)

Come on give it some wellie. Looks and sounds like my old Grannie pulling away there. Bet that sounds impressive when its really getting some throttle.xD

Dave

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrtcat said:

I visit the Pro-Ac production facility every six weeks with my day job and have spent plenty of time in their demo room. Absolutely glorious speakers and without doubt way better than anything you could recreate in a car. Top class gear.

I’ve got a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 6’s paired with a couple of Bronze 2’s. Sounds incredible!

https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/product-ranges/bronze/

Edited by ubit
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Yikes, I was on the A46 travelling from out Warwick way towards Evesham and had Killing Joke blasting away. I saw a flash go off at the roadside and noticed i was doing 60 in a 50 limit. Ha kinda of ironic since I put up this thread just two days ago!  Another fun half day at another speed awareness course I guess.

I have found Killing Joke to be perhaps the worst music for adhering to speed limits, try listening to The Wait in a 30mph zone, no hope.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I have found Killing Joke to be perhaps the worst music for adhering to speed limits, try listening to The Wait in a 30mph zone, no hope.

Any kind of industrial music makes me more likely to put the foot down. 

47 minutes ago, leschirons said:

I've had two speeding fines in France listening to the same album.

Tony MacAlpine's Maximum security.

I've been in touch with him regarding compensation but as yet, have had no reply.

Maybe he tried but couldn't catch you :laugh1:

• Haha 2

I have one of those 100 Classical Greats albums in the car which I really enjoy on long journeys (I hate driving)...helps to keep me chilled and de-stressed. Complete opposite to Ozric Tentacles which I also love, especially when I want to get somewhere quickly.

22 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Anything by Oasis would sound better in Marc Bolan's car. 

Whenever I drive down to Cornwall for a summer holiday, I always play non-stop Beach Boys music 😎🏄‍♂️🏄‍♀️

Thats the only time I ever listen to them 🤔

• Haha 1