Why become a member? ×

35 Inch Scale P bass????

CalDeep

Alright guys!

Wondering if anyone has ever used a 35 inch scale neck on a P. I have a PM that needs setting up B-D. I love the bass, I keep going to buy a 5 but I dunno. I just dont wanna part with it. So I just wanted to see if anyone has done this and how you've found it. 

I use a Mike Lull PJ5 and it's one of the best basses I've owned.

Why do you need a 5 string bass?

If you need one for the music you're playing, bite the bullet and buy one. If you have a bass that you "love" then making it BEAD might easily change it into a bass you don't love anymore.

What's the reason for wanting 35" scale? 

If you like the extra space between the frets fine, but if it is specifically for getting a better feeling and sounding low B string you may well be disappointed. IME adding an extra inch to the overall scale length on its own does virtually nothing to improve the low B. It is far more important to have a well constructed neck and got neck to body joint, and all these things can be achieved on a well-made 34" scale bass.

• Like 4

Okay. Cheers for your advice dudes. Maybe it's just not right for that bass then. I have a stingray that is the most resonate bass I've ever owned. I'll give it a go on that instead and see how I fair. 

The main issue I found with the PM was that even though it sounds okay, the first fret on the B would always pull super sharp, regardless of intonation it seems too.