Why become a member? ×

Zoom B1 Four

Woodinblack

13 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

If you listen very very carefully there is an "electronic noise sitting below the effect" which is just about discernible with some patches, which @ped pointed out a couple of years back but it's pretty subtle and nothing like the noise you're describing.

Yes, there is a low level electronic noise on the Zooms, which is not something that would cause an issue playing live (which is all I am interested in here - recording I could use the Helix Native), but this was something else - it was that same noise but the level you would get when you are not playing anything through a very high gain distortion, but not going away when you played, Obviously worse on high gain patches.

Anyway, hopefully some state it had got itself in which has now gone - currently it sounds like the B3n, which is what I expected.

FWIW - I find the Zoom noise gate (ZNR) circuit is really excellent (I recommend detection set to GTRIN) and I use that as a standard final fx slot, going from guitar to speaker in the chain, on most of my B1-4 patches.

• Like 2

On 04/05/2019 at 16:32, dave_bass5 said:

Ive just loaded in the HPF and a few others using the software. it seems like its a one time operation, as they then appears in the list on the device.

Its taken me almost an hour to get the software working (just once), it seems just as bad as its always been for me (on 3 different PC's). I guess the blind monkey they use to code this is still with them.

i have used both softwares and they worked first time for me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

Only issue i have had was using a basic charging USB lead, rather than a full data lead.

May take a min or so to find the device and sync...

Paul - what make / brand would you recommend for a high quality full data lead,? 

Any make really... not sure of the make i have it was just a 2m lead i got from the bay...

couple of leads i had knocking about were just phone charger leads, so just power and not all the connections for data.

EDIT: just checked... Belkin, so cheap but branded... and kept out the way of the wife, kids n dog!

Edited by PaulThePlug

• 2 years later...