Why become a member? ×

Zoom B1 Four

Woodinblack

50 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

Lols like the  GE300 will be way more expensive. They are quoting over $900 Canadian which would be around £700 over here. I cannot see that hurting Line 6 at all. 

It seems to be going head to head with the Helix LT which is similarly priced. Obviously Helix has a much stronger brand and following in this space. 

But hey - in the past two years with advent of the new Helix range we've got to a stage where a lot of us are already considering replacing their entire analogue pedal collection with a digital multifx. And more competition is only going to push the needle further in that direction. 

Edited by Al Krow

On 29/05/2019 at 10:49, ped said:

Yep I paid £20 for my B1on so frankly I’m just pleased it works, but it doesn’t stop me wishing someone would make a top quality battery powered modelling multi fx headphone unit. Come on Roland! 

Thats all i want....oh, and for it to be under £100 🙂

Still tempted to try a Palmer Pocket to use with my BDDI.  

Edited by dave_bass5

8 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Thats all i want....oh, and for it to be under £100 🙂

Still tempted to try a Palmer Pocket to use with my BDDI.  

There are enough DI style things out there but it quite what we want. Let’s design our own :) call it the Bchat 

17 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I didn't know you could do that. 

You can extend the life of 'normal' batteries with any recharger I would have thought (not just the one dB linked to).

But not for anything like as long as proper rechargeable batteries.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to update the FW? ive spent over an hour tonight trying to do it and every time i get an error that says 'illegal device connected'

Guitarlab works fine so i know the drivers are loaded, and the updater can see the correct device.

UPDATE: I took the files etc to my sons laptop and managed to do it from there. 

Edited by dave_bass5

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Can you switch individual effects on or off with the big buttons? Clearly you can ddo it with the little red buttons, but if you are gigging and want to turn the chorus on or the echo, can you do that?

You can only scroll through different effect patches (up to 50 in banks of 10). So you would need to set up one patch with a chorus and another one without etc.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

You can only scroll through different effect patches (up to 50 in banks of 10). So you would need to set up one patch with a chorus and another one without etc.

Is there a noticable change in levels (assuming almost identical patches) switching between them when playing, like a click or something?

Just now, Woodinblack said:

Is there a noticable change in levels (assuming almost identical patches) switching between them when playing, like a click or something?

The volume level on each effect in a patch can be adjusted as required so you can get the same overall volume for each patch.

Silent switching between patches.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I currently own a B3n and I've been wondering for awhile... Is there a difference between the processor of the B1-4 and B3n? Are they equal in terms of sound quality? Sorry if I missed any mention of it in this thread previously!

3 hours ago, mong said:

I currently own a B3n and I've been wondering for awhile... Is there a difference between the processor of the B1-4 and B3n? Are they equal in terms of sound quality? Sorry if I missed any mention of it in this thread previously!

My understanding is that these two Zooms have the most up to date Zoom processors. Having had both the B3n and the B1X-4, the sound quality of the effects, which are all shared, should be the same. 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Hi, this is my new B1 Four, I made the purchase last week with the Mackie MDB-1A DI, so I still have no live experience with it.
From the B1 Four, I only need an equalizer, compressor, preamp emulator or amplifier emulator, for the project I am in, I don't need more.
Which do you think is the best equalizer? says that some are for low frequencies and others for high frequencies, but there are none that cover everything?

83031244_1616490138505908_51767760509730816_n.jpg

@ch_moren hi there and welcome to basschat! 

The BassGEQ effect is a good general purpose 7 band EQ with frequency range from 50Hz to 10kHz.

The mid centre points are little cluttered at 400Hz, 500Hz and 800Hz - I would have preferred 250Hz, 750Hz  and 1.5kHz, but other than that, it should cover off most of your needs.

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@ch_moren hi there and welcome to basschat! 

The BassGEQ effect is a good general purpose 7 band EQ with frequency range from 50Hz to 10kHz.

The mid centre points are little cluttered at 400Hz, 500Hz and 800Hz - I would have preferred 250Hz, 750Hz  and 1.5kHz, but other than that, it should cover off most of your needs.

Why do those frequencies work for you? Why are they better? 

250 Hz is classic lower mids territory for cutting through

750 Hz for sweetness in terms of cutting a touch (but 750 / 800 will be pretty similar on that score - so not a biggie)

and there's quite a big gap on the GEQ  effect up to the next EQ mid point at 4.5kHz, so I would swap out the 500 Hz for something in the low treble range at 1.5khz.

What about you - where's your preferences lie?

• 3 weeks later...

My B1 Four turned up last Thursday . It seems as well built as the old '708' and I like the fact you can also power it off  the usb socket so I am going to hook up one of my power banks and see how that goes.

Plenty of features as described previously in this thread but I've not tried editing or anything yet but the instructions appear logical.

I like the fact you can alter both the overall volume via a rotary control and that of the banks in the same manor - double the control.

Gonna try some of Al Krows settings and see how I get on.

• Like 1