Why become a member? ×

FS: Mesa Boogie Prodigy 4:88 and Traditional Powerhouse 2x10 **SOLD**
£1500

Beedster

I'm looking to sell my Mesa Prodigy and 2x10 Traditional Powerhouse cab. I've been on a journey recently and think I may have inadvertently dug myself into a hole/manoeuvred myself into a corner. Specifically, whilst if I could I'd be using an SVT and 2x15, even though it would barely be in a sweat, these days I usually use a Walkabout and either one or two Mesa 2x10s stacked vertically. Even with with two 2x10s it can run out of steam when put up against a hard hitting drummer however. So, I was still hankering after my old SVT, but had to keep in mind how ludicrously heavy and space-consuming it was. Over the last 18 months or so I tried the Mesa Big Block 750 and the Mesa Buster, with a view to getting a bit more headroom than the Walkabout at lower weight than the SVT, but didn't find either a significantly better option (which tells you just how good the Walkabout really is).

Then this Prodigy came up for sale. Now, I'd realised a while back that this might well be the answer to all of my prayers, but the price, even used, was prohibitive, and not many places stock them for a tryout. But courtesy of Simon (Stealth) on this forum, I got very lucky. The Prodigy is an amazing amp given it's size and weight (it has a smaller footprint than the Walkabout and only weights about 50% more, which for a 250w all tube head is pretty amazing), it's more versatile than the Walkabout in some respects, but with a different, slightly more contemporary core tone. If I was playing functions or needed some real variety in tone, I'd be sticking with it, but hey, I play a Precision, with flats, and have had the tone settings on my Walkabout in the same configuration for so long I'm no longer sure that they would move if I wanted to change them. So, for small gigs I've got an Ampeg PF-50, for medium size gigs I've got a Walkabout (in fact I've got two, I didn't want to be without one should one of them go pop, which of course hasn't happened in 10 years of playing them), but I've realised that if I'm hankering after an SVT with 15's tone for those 'special occasions', I'm only going to get that from an SVT with 15s. So, I've sourced some 15s, and am going to wait for the right USA SVT to come along. In the meantime, I'm going to let a lucky punter on here have this lovely Prodigy for the price I was lucky enough to pay Simon a few weeks back, call it £1000 (I paid slightly more IIRC). I've linked to the original listing below, you can see there the case, accessories etc this come with. 

Also for sale is one of my Traditional Powerhouse 2x10s, very good condition (8 ohm). £500 ono, £1400 for the whole rig (at Mesa retail prices these would cost you over £4,000!)

There is a small part of me that thinks I should keep the Prodigy and sell one of my Walkabouts, I may see how this thread goes first........

Cheers

Chris

IMG_8776.thumb.JPG.96d2bfaa1d68be5fd331a0e23a085837.JPG

IMG_8765.thumb.JPG.670273cb51a3ce2d045c41efd3a3555d.JPG

IMG_8767.thumb.JPG.843c21564baaae44e3ee1ddf9f982961.JPGIMG_8768.thumb.JPG.a2de81872d8ef15df45f6d3be307dfee.JPG

IMG_8779.thumb.jpg.67f7226b21f9903281743db0890d5ff1.jpg

IMG_8762.thumb.jpg.276b3460449e112e66a9ff34fbfaf3d3.jpg

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 1

On 12/02/2019 at 11:50, Beedster said:

I'm looking to sell my Mesa Prodigy and 2x10 Traditional Powerhouse cab. I've been on a journey recently and think I may have inadvertently dug myself into a hole/manoeuvred myself into a corner. Specifically, whilst if I could I'd be using an SVT and 2x15, even though it would barely be in a sweat, these days I usually use a Walkabout and either one or two Mesa 2x10s stacked vertically. Even with with two 2x10s it can run out of steam when put up against a hard hitting drummer however. So, I was still hankering after my old SVT, but had to keep in mind how ludicrously heavy and space-consuming it was. Over the last 18 months or so I tried the Mesa Big Block 750 and the Mesa Buster, with a view to getting a bit more headroom than the Walkabout at lower weight than the SVT, but didn't find either a significantly better option (which tells you just how good the Walkabout really is).

Then this Prodigy came up for sale. Now, I'd realised a while back that this might well be the answer to all of my prayers, but the price, even used, was prohibitive, and not many places stock them for a tryout. But courtesy of Simon (Stealth) on this forum, I got very lucky. The Prodigy is an amazing amp given it's size and weight (it has a smaller footprint than the Walkabout and only weights about 50% more, which for a 250w all tube head is pretty amazing), it's more versatile than the Walkabout in some respects, but with a different, slightly more contemporary core tone. If I was playing functions or needed some real variety in tone, I'd be sticking with it, but hey, I play a Precision, with flats, and have had the tone settings on my Walkabout in the same configuration for so long I'm no longer sure that they would move if I wanted to change them. So, for small gigs I've got an Ampeg PF-50, for medium size gigs I've got a Walkabout (in fact I've got two, I didn't want to be without one should one of them go pop, which of course hasn't happened in 10 years of playing them), but I've realised that if I'm hankering after an SVT with 15's tone for those 'special occasions', I'm only going to get that from an SVT with 15s. So, I've sourced some 15s, and am going to wait for the right USA SVT to come along. In the meantime, I'm going to let a lucky punter on here have this lovely Prodigy for the price I was lucky enough to pay Simon a few weeks back, call it £1000 (I paid slightly more IIRC). I've linked to the original listing below, you can see there the case, accessories etc this come with. 

Also for sale is one of my Traditional Powerhouse 2x10s, very good condition (8 ohm). £500 ono, £1400 for the whole rig (at Mesa retail prices these would cost you over £4,000!)

There is a small part of me that thinks I should keep the Prodigy and sell one of my Walkabouts, I may see how this thread goes first........

Cheers

Chris

IMG_8776.thumb.JPG.96d2bfaa1d68be5fd331a0e23a085837.JPG

IMG_8765.thumb.JPG.670273cb51a3ce2d045c41efd3a3555d.JPG

IMG_8767.thumb.JPG.843c21564baaae44e3ee1ddf9f982961.JPGIMG_8768.thumb.JPG.a2de81872d8ef15df45f6d3be307dfee.JPG

IMG_8779.thumb.jpg.67f7226b21f9903281743db0890d5ff1.jpg

IMG_8762.thumb.jpg.276b3460449e112e66a9ff34fbfaf3d3.jpg

😱😱 bump for this beautiful ring! 

Now on eBay I'm afraid folks. Please get in touch quickly of you want it as I imagine it will go quite quickly there. Apologies I'm not able to be more accommodating in terms of holding this or reducing the price, but I need to balance things coming in with things going out, I'm sure you get my drift :)