Why become a member? ×

Peavey TNT 130 vs Ashdown electric Blue 180

skidder652003

4 hours ago, The fasting showman said:

Peavey any day, looks like the OP has got the version with the Black Widow speaker looking at the cast frame. Nice sounding amps particularly on a table or stand (good luck lifting it onto said table or stand) they have great presence in a band mix, can out perform many a high end amp in some rooms. If you can play half decent and your bass is OK this amp won't let the side down.

Enjoy it, I'd use M6 T-nuts to fit the side handles!

Thanks, i've ordered these

https://www.audiomate.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=Monacor-MZF-8304-Medium-Recess-Handle

HAd the MK3 combo and then 300W version.  Used the Mk3 from 1982 until 2008/9 ish.  Bomb proof, fixable (though nothing went wrong on mine) other than  the glue that held the speaker cone to the frame gave up (as did the foam insert inside the BW speaker magnet).  If the cabinet was large enough (and ports suitably modified) these would be something else with an Eminence 3015 speaker.  The only reason I gave up with them was the weight.  Side handles an excellent improvement.

• Like 1

It's the other brand type of Peavey speakers. They had the Black Widow line and the Scorpion line. I've always preferred the Black Widow over the Scorpion, but the Scorpion wears its name correctly as it's more aggressive without being harsh.

Make up your mind after the gig. 😉

• Thanks 1

On 12/02/2019 at 18:35, skidder652003 said:

Picked it up tonight..

£65

weighs a ton, side handles going in for sure...loud as hell, thanks for all the advice chaps

FA4E1104-D38F-408D-95EC-008E016CCC0D.jpeg

A0F09030-6609-498F-BC2B-1675AADBFDD3.jpeg

F1E484E9-2C3E-4EF1-BE0B-CC616E3B61FE.jpeg

That that single carrying handle on the top isn't really what you need for an amp made from solid granite. 

Cool amps tho and you get a work out on the way yay!

ok gigged it on Friday, it held up well with the marshall 100w stack and heavy drummer. Didn't really get a chance to play with the EQ, so had everything on flat, running from my pedalboard with a valve pre eq pedal. Sounded fine, maybe a little woolly compared to my 410, but perfectly usable, some adjustments will help for sure, but certainly less agro carting around than my head and cab, don't care if it gets a bit bashed. Fitted some wheels and side handles, cost for the lot £25, so in all, a giggable combo for £90

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1117.JPG

• Like 1